Author Topic: The Dr. Fielding Experience - May 14th.  (Read 4633 times)

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
Background story
I'm about 5'11", 230lbs now, had gyno since I was 13, I'm 20 now. Finally told my parents about it and they paid for my surgery, it came to $1575.

The surgery
After hearing so many great things about Dr. Fielding, of course it was an easy choice for me, I live in Peterborough which is about 2 hours away from Toronto. I left around 6:30AM and arrived there around 8:45AM, my surgery was scheduled for 11:30AM but they wanted me there at 9.

Once I arrived I headed up to the Day of Surgery and registered and then went off to change into a very uncomfortable gown, then sat in the waiting room for the next 2 hours, BRING A BOOK!! I ended up doing wordsearches, by the way, does anyone know which chemical is responsible for plants being green?

Once it was my time the anesthitician(sp?) called me and asked me a bunch of questions, his name was Dr. Won I believe, everything was happening so fast I barely caught his name, he gave me a cap and then a nurse assisting Dr. Fielding asked me the same questions over again and brought me into the OR, at this point, even though I didn't think twice about the surgery I became very nervous, my body was shaking and I was beginning to have doubts but one look at my topless chest erased all those doubts within seconds. They also put a heated blanket on me which helped. Dr. Fielding came in and asked me how I was doing, and asked me if I was hungry yet, which I was, beyond hungry.

Dr. Won stuck an IV into me but I didn't even feel it then Dr. Fielding had me sit up and drew on my chest with a marker, he drew a + on my left side because it was bigger than my right. I laid back down then the nurse put a mask on my face and said "This is just regular oxygen, breath it in." I thought to myself "Why do I need regular oxy-" and *black* next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room, my chest was sore but more uncomfortable than pain, also I was feeling nautious so the nurse kept pumping stuff into my IV which helped, btw it hurts like hell when that stuff goes into you.

They wheeled me into the short stay unit and brought me food at 5:30PM, even though I heard rumours about hospital food, I figured it'd be like airline food which isn't that bad, but no, this stuff was like crap mixed with crap mixed with more crap and some rice, my hunger could not even overcome it and I ended up eating about 3 spoonfuls and pushing it aside. My roommate happened to be some 50 year old man who refused to listen to the nurses and kept screaming, he also kept soiling himself, I'd say about 7 times throughout the entire night. Longest. Night. Of. My. Life. Finally, 8AM rolled by and Dr. Fielding came in and just talked to me a bit about Hematoma's and such then I was released, they brought in breakfast and this time I was so hungry I dove right in and ate all of it, 20 minutes later I threw it back up.

I don't have any pre-op photos because I couldn't bring myself to taking any, I was about a C cup with inverted puffy nipples, it wasn't a pretty sight, but I'll take some post-op pics in about a week and post them. If anyone has any questions you can post them here or PM me. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:47:38 PM by Karu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thanks for sharing dude!  ;)

sat in the waiting room for the next 2 hours, BRING A BOOK!!

You're right there my man... It's a long lonely wait huh... :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline technics777

• Bronze Member
Nice post! Im pushing myself to get surgery soon! I want to look half decent for when I graduate next year  8)

btw: how much did it end up costing you?

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
Nice post! Im pushing myself to get surgery soon! I want to look half decent for when I graduate next year  8)

btw: how much did it end up costing you?

The total for the surgery came to $1575, there was outside expenses like travelling back and forth to Toronto and everytime I'm in Toronto I hit up China town for some grocery shopping.

Offline technics777

• Bronze Member
Do you have any pictures?

How long did you have to wear the vest for? is it really "bulky"?

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
No pictures yet, he recommends you to wear it for 3 weeks, I'm 2 weeks post-op tomorrow. Honestly the vest is pretty light and won't bother you very much after the first week.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
One of the best stories info wise about the acctual surgery. thanks a lot and I will bring a book. ;)

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Where on this site can I read people negative experiences like stories from the beach or pool partys? thanks a lot just trying to get an idea about what others have gone through also

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Congrats!
P.s Chlorophyll is responsble for the green colour of plants because it absorbs blue and red lights, thus we see green.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Where on this site can I read people negative experiences like stories from the beach or pool partys? thanks a lot just trying to get an idea about what others have gone through also

Try the 'Your Stories' board dude...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024