Author Topic: swelling doesnt seem to be reducing  (Read 2388 times)

Offline dsanders16

• Posting Member
I had the surgery on the 16th. Minor lipo with excision on the right side. Left side had a large amount of hard breast tissue which was removed and lipod. The left side is still huge with swelling fluid and doesn't seem like it is going down. Well, it might be but I just don't notice it. Should I be requesting my doc to drain it out with a syringe? Problem is, I have my next follow up on Tuesday, then I need to go back to school. This doc is in my parents hometown, and school is 800 miles away.

Other thing. My right side looked absolutely perfect until I removed the tape. I had 2 of the 3 strips removed and it looked fine, but the 3rd was really dug into the hairs. The irritation from the hairs pulling out caused it to swell just a little bit, and now it doesn't look good. That was 2 days ago and it hasn't returned back. Kinda scared it wont go back to being tight against the skin, for the first time it looked normal, damn it. I would have thought after two days that would have gone away.

Is this swelling like colliflower ear wrestlers get? Where the ear swells up and the fluid has no where to go so it just remains there or hardens up?

Offline MSJ108

Keep an eye on it and go over it with your doc on Tues. Can't do much now that long weekend is here.

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
still VERY early days mate.and believe me, your chest will change shape a number of times before it finally settles. Gotta give it at least 3months before you get a real sense of how it's gonna end up.
Other more experienced memebers might ad to this, but that's my advice.

God luck

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
The swelling can last for around 6 weeks.  Mine took about that long to completely disappear.
Wearing the compression vest helps a lot to suppress it though.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024