Author Topic: what happens when scar tissue starts to decrease?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline SDfiveSIX

• Posting Member
...when the hard scar tissue behind and around the incision site starts to diminish... will your skin naturally retract? what happens?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
It goes away and your puffy nips are gone for good :)
I hope so anyway.  Waiting patiently for my scar tissue to vanish...only then will I have my final results.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline MSJ108

It goes away and your puffy nips are gone for good :)
I hope so anyway.  Waiting patiently for my scar tissue to vanish...only then will I have my final results.

Same here!

Offline SDfiveSIX

• Posting Member
how far along are you guys post-op??? (i'm only 5.5 wks... asking wayyyyyyyy too much too soon)   ;D

Offline Scamp48

• Posting Member
...when the hard scar tissue behind and around the incision site starts to diminish... will your skin naturally retract? what happens?

yeah im curious also!  8)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
how far along are you guys post-op??? (i'm only 5.5 wks... asking wayyyyyyyy too much too soon)   ;D

Just over 4 months.  Scar tissue seems to be in full glory at the moment.  For me, it didn't appear until the beginning of month 3 post op.  So I think mine is going to be around for a while yet.  If it is still there in December i will go back to the doctor and ask something to be done about it.  In the mean time, read this old thread, it has some interesting info on the topic of scar tissue and healing.  Apparently it takes 1 to 2 years for the body to actually heal a wound completely!!

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12948.0

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
A little off topic - but can an overdose of Steriod (Keliod) injection cause craters??? In general does taking Keliod injections to reduce/eradicate scars have any affect on contouring of the chest?

Offline MSJ108

12 weeks here. Doc said "be patient and keep massaging area"

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
12-13 weeks, still the same amount of scar tissue,no more,no less >:(

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
im 10 weeks ost up and gave up messagin like week 6 or 7 and started agian and now it seems to be imrpoving a little

Offline MSJ108

scar tissue still there for me but getting better. long process....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024