Author Topic: OHIP  (Read 13338 times)

Offline BIG BOOBIES

• Posting Member
I think thats what its called, how does it work

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
OHIP is Ontario Health Insurance Plan, which is what covers you for Doctor's appointments, stitches at the ER and other medical necessities.  In regards to gynecomastia surgery, last time I checked, OHIP only covered gland removal, so if you require or request lipo, you would need to pay for that on your own which I think is around $1500 *half of the total procedure.  I think OHIP only covers cases that are painful and not sure if this is still valid, as the last time I checked was about 5 years ago.

Offline BIG BOOBIES

• Posting Member
Alright thanks. Does lipo remove puffy nipples?
I was thinking about going to Dr. fielding so with that ohip thing it would cost around 1500?

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Yeah, I think that sounds about right...but that's IF OHIP still covers gland removal.  Glands are usually responsible for the puffy nips I think so you will probably need both gland removal and lipo.  Easy thing for you to do is call their office and just say you are considering gynecomastia surgery and are wondering if any of the procedure is covered under OHIP.  Good luck.

Offline TKP2008

• Posting Member
I just had my consultation, and booked my surgery date with Dr fielding. The price I was qouted was 1800.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I just had my consultation, and booked my surgery date with Dr fielding. The price I was qouted was 1800.

Congrats dude!
$1800 is a small price to pay for piece-of-mind....

I wish you well for your surgery... 

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jaybank

• Posting Member
Alright thanks. Does lipo remove puffy nipples?
I was thinking about going to Dr. fielding so with that ohip thing it would cost around 1500?

You do understand OHIP is for Ontario residents only, correct?  I only mention it because, if you were an Ontario resident, I'd assume you would know what OHIP was. 

Mike

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You do understand OHIP is for Ontario residents only, correct?  I only mention it because, if you were an Ontario resident, I'd assume you would know what OHIP was.

However, all except those in Quebec, can have surgery done by JCF and have their own Prov. Health Care cover excision and hospital costs...

For those outside of Canada, fuhgeddaboudit.... JCF does not see O.O.C. patients.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024