Author Topic: Does Dr. Fielding do a biopsy?  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Jaybank

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I'm a little freaked out here.  It's been 6 weeks since the op.  When I got home from work today there was a message from Dr. Fielding's office saying to call them (I don't live in Toronto).  I had my day after followup appointment and haven't spoken to them since.  I'm hoping they are just calling to see how things are going?  Is that typical?  I'm worried now that they did a biopsy on the tissue and there is a problem, but that would be unlikely I hear about it SIX weeks later, no?  I'm just looking for some reassurance here guys.  Thanks!

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
shouldnt be looking for reassurance for something like that here. if i were u, i would call fielding. :)

Offline Jaybank

• Posting Member
Lol, the second I walked in the door I did, his office was closed and won't be reopened until Tuesday (Canadian Thanksgiving).

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I never got a 'Hi how's everything going call'.... It may be a bit more than that. I wouldn't get freaked out over it though... If it were something serious, I'm sure they would have said in the message... No?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
It could be cancer, kidney disease, hepatitis or a number of problems. Good luck Jay, my prayersd are with you.

Offline Jaybank

• Posting Member
Heh,

If I wasn't more rational, Bobby's comment would have scared the HELL outta me.  I understand what they look for when they perform a biopsy.  The thing is, they never told me they did, or that they were.  The entire nature of my fear came from a call from his secretary saying "Hi Michael, This is Dr. Fieldings office calling, can you call us back." 

This was the exact same message she has left on my machine several times before when confirming appointments or returning a message I left.  I'm just wondering what it could be?  It's been 6 weeks since I've had the surgery, a biopsy, it one were to be done, would have been done a long time ago. 

Furthermore, I think any decent doctor would make a BIT more of an effort to contact the person if they had cancer.  Especially considering as I would be unable to return the phone call for 4 days (thanksgiving).  If there were some urgency, I'd hope they would give me some other way to contact them, and I definately think a cancerous biopsy would be urgent :P

I'll find out tomorrow morning and let you guys know.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Okay dude, spill it.... what did JCF/Leslie have to say?

GB

Offline Jaybank

• Posting Member
Hey guys, totally forgot about this...
It was just an OHIP problem, no cause for concern and it is straightened out now.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That's good news!

Glad to hear that all is well...  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024