Author Topic: very worried...4 months post op and possible regrowth?  (Read 2727 times)

Offline metallica23

So I had my surgery 4 months ago and everything was perfect for like 2 months. There was what I'm guessing was scar tissue, but just in a thin line behind the incisions on both sides. Now, my right side has been getting larger, i think it feels like glandular tissue.I found this wierd because pre op both sides had an equal amount of gland and now it seems only the right side got bigger. The thing is, how can I tell the difference between scar and gland? This is the question I'm trying to find the answer to, thank you.

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
I'd be very curious to find out how to distinguish between scar tissue and gland as well. Could anyone share their experience, or would one of you doctors share your insight?

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
I'm 5 weeks post and stopped wearing the vest 24/7 after 4 weeks.

In the last week I noticed hard bumps under each nipple only where the incision was made.  I strongly believe this to be scar tissue because it wasn't there right after surgery. 

I'm seeing my doctor on 1/8/09, and he can tell me more. 

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
So I had my surgery 4 months ago and everything was perfect for like 2 months. There was what I'm guessing was scar tissue, but just in a thin line behind the incisions on both sides. Now, my right side has been getting larger, i think it feels like glandular tissue.I found this wierd because pre op both sides had an equal amount of gland and now it seems only the right side got bigger. The thing is, how can I tell the difference between scar and gland? This is the question I'm trying to find the answer to, thank you.

This is just my opinion.  If you had pubertal gynecomastia and you were at least 18 when operated on, the chances of regrowth are pretty slim.  The only possible ways I could see regrowth happening would be if you were using marijuana, taking a medication that promoted gynecomastia, or if you were really young when operated on.  If the tissue had not changed by getting larger or smaller when you had your operation, that gland was there to stay.  So after the operation the gland was removed and your chest was flat when you took the bandages off after surgery?  If it was completely flat and you looked normal again, what you're feeling now more than likely is scar tissue lingering.  After 4 months, I highly doubt that gland is growing.  If after a full year your chest feels and looks the same, I would worry.  But until then, cool your jets and take it easy while your body heals. 

Read around and you'll find that 98% of the guys who go through surgery on this board encounter the same problem you're dealing with now.  At almost the exact same times.  I had scar tissue come in at around the 2 month mark as well.  I was happy before that and quickly discouraged.  I am now almost 5 months post op and still have scar tissue.  I'm not trying to scare you, it's just the reality of it.  Scar tissue can take several months to a year to dissipate!  I know it's scar tissue because my chest was flat after surgery.  What you're looking at 3 days after surgery you most likely WILL see again after about a year or sooner.  If you don't, visit your surgeon again and try injections.  If that does not work, then you can worry about revisions.  Remember, everybody's different and some heal quicker while others heal slower.  Don't get discouraged just yet.  As far as your question about the physical difference between scar tissue and gland,  I cannot say because I do not know.  I'm sure someone else can inform you.

Good luck bud.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024