Author Topic: 2 Weeks post opp..Need help  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
This wednesday(2 weeks after my post opp) i met my surgeon Dr.Ramachandran.He examined my chest and said thinks are normal.I asked him about the right chest which is swollen more.He told that it will improve and some parts of the chest were hard and the doctor said all will be slowly moving out.

The doctor also told that due to excess fat in right chest i was doe more lipo and gyno in the right side.Im wearing the compression garment 24/7.

I have a doubt.In my right chest the surrounding areas of my nipples are very hard now.Are they swellings?Will they all go off?When compared to left chet when i touch the right side sking its still hard.Why its is soo?

Now the right side almost it clearly looks like i have gyne even after surgery.Im very much annoyed..

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
could it be the scar tissue?  ???

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Its scar tissue, its taken me 7months for it to heal up and my side is still healing!!!! Yes it TAKES that long, and im pretty fit too ... i eat good food etc.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
hey jimbob1988,
is scar tissue really affecting your chest appearance? i mean does it protrude your chest or something.. to what extent does scar tissue affect the surgery result?
thanks

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
I had surgery 8 weeks ago.  My left nipple protrudes a bit.  I think it is because of some leftover gland and not scar tissue.  I might have to go back for a revision under local anesthesia.  I think this is pretty common.  It's better to wait 6 or 7 months to see if goes away.  It could be scar tissue.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I had surgery 8 weeks ago.  My left nipple protrudes a bit.  I think it is because of some leftover gland and not scar tissue.  I might have to go back for a revision under local anesthesia.  I think this is pretty common.  It's better to wait 6 or 7 months to see if goes away.  It could be scar tissue.

I think it is common too with surgeons who have the "little by little" approach.  And I think that approach is a smart one because it saves us from a possible crater deformity.  I would rather be left with a little residual gland than a huge dip in muh nip.   ;)
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024