Author Topic: Is surgery worth it?  (Read 9151 times)

Offline qwertyis

• Posting Member
Evaluation please?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:52:21 AM by qwertyis »

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
In a word? Yes. Not to say your gyne is anywhere near as bad as some seen here, but it looks like the type which can look pretty prominent under clothing - because it's as pointy as it is.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Is surgery worth it?

Depends on whether you want to lose chest you currently have and move to a slimmer profile?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is surgery worth it?  Let me ask you this dude....  do you like having breasts?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
is surgery worth it ? that would be something only you can decide for yourself.. it looks like you do have gyne, i would rate yours 7/10, mainly due to the pointyness..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Last time I visited someone at the public hospital, there were used hypodermics lying on the floor with shaved pubic hair and other muck. When I showed the nurse she said "Is not my job to clean!"

I would never have surgery at a facility that isn't clean... Never!

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Do not us tape as suggested above. It can damage or tear the skin and leave scars making the condition even worse in the long run. The short term gain is not worth the long term risk.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Save yourself $5000.00 and spend $6.95 on a roll of this tape at your local drugstore.

So you are saying not to have surgery? Think again dude...

Sure medical tape would do if you are in a situation where you don't have to remove your shirt. However, what are you gonna do if your buds want you to go swimming, go to the beach or you just want to chill out on a lawn chair in the yard with your shirt off? What are you gonna do when your girl tries to take off your shirt when you are getting it on with her?   :o

Using tape is just a 'band-aid' fix... I would tend to think that gyne sufferers would want a tad more than that...  ;)

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Is surgery worth it?  Let me ask you this dude....  do you like having breasts?

What kind of mean insulting remark is this to make to someone? CUT THE CXXP.

Dude...

I meant no way what-so-ever for this comment to be mean/insulting.

Fact: Surgery is the only proven way to get rid of Gynecomastia.
Fact: This guy is bothered by his G.
Fact: Surgery is worth every penny if one's psyche has become psychologically crippled.

What I was trying to say to 'quertyis' is that if he doesn't like having G, then yes, surgery is worth it... 

Dude, you have to read between the lines occasionally!  ;)

GB
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:52:59 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I never said NOT to ultimately have surgery.

No, but you did say "Save yourself $5000". Which to me, and prolly to many others, would indicate 'Why get surgery that costs $5000, when you can buy a roll of tape for six and change'.

I suggested tape as something to try, costing 2 thousand times less money than surgery. Perhaps he might want to at least try it. Before you were warning of skin damage and scarring disfigurement. Why? That is not true. You older men are just fanatics for surgery as the only way - constantly warning these youngsters that there is just no other way to deal with it. Older members of this board have the responsibility not to indoctrinate impressionable young men into a procedure which they might regret having had in the future. You have the responsibility only to present surgery as an option. NOT the only option

You are right there my man... There are other options other than surgery. However, the majority of G sufferers who come to this site want it GONE, and to accomplish this, one needs surgical attention.

Sure there's medical tape as you are suggesting (as you say it's safe...), compression shirts, multi-layering, shoulder hunching, etc... etc... However, these methods of concealment do not truly alleviate the psychological discomfort that the sufferer must endure. 

This guy is a little older - maybe he doesn't go to the swimming hole with his buds so often. We can't know that. If his "buds" won't accept him with the way his chest is, then they're not his "buds". If a girl finds fault with a guy's chest - get rid of her. She wants perfection. If it's not your chest, it will be something else.

In most cases, once the sufferer has been ostracized by someone because of his G, he will develop an irreversible complex about his chest. His 'buds' may accept his gyne, but it's not about other people, it's about the sufferer and how he feels about himself. It's not a case of whether his 'buds' accept him or not, its about the fear of what others will think of him and his chest. Even if people are accepting of the fact, the sufferer still feels uncomfortable in his own skin.

Why is everybody on this board so quick to be a victim of teasing and/or bullying? Doesn't anyone have any guts anymore? Why have men become such shrinking violets afraid to take their shirts off?

C'mon dude, you know that there are many bottom-feeders in this world who get great satisfaction from belittling others who are different or have a bodily defect. Nobody wants to be publically humiliated. Public humiliation is such a powerful act that at one time, people used it as a deterrent to criminal acts. Even the strongest of wills are deathly afraid of public humiliation and feeling like a freak...

If he wants surgery, then he should by all means have surgery. Why can't I present an alternative without someone who knows nothing about the tape product telling falsehoods about the tape. Chill out - tape is just an option. It is NOT DANGEROUS OR HARMFUL IN ANY WAY - contrary to what you claim. His trying tape has NOTHING whatever to do with whether or not he decides to have surgery. What harm is there in suggesting an alternative to the sacred surgical procedures?

I think you were a tad harsh with Grandpa Dan. Tape for the most part, can be detrimental to the skin if used for prolonged periods of time. I'm sure he had never heard about this 'medical tape' you speak of. I for one had not.

No, there's nothing wrong with you suggesting the 'band-aid fix' tape alternative. However it does have its limitations. 

Anyways dude, if I have offended you in any way, then I apologize to you my man. I meant no harm...  ;)

GB

Offline biggieboobs

• Posting Member
hahhaha... wow. this guy wants to use tape?!?!  very weird. save the tape money and use it towards surgery dude. one day u gonna be in a situation where your at a dance event or sumthing like dat and you right nipple is gonna burst thru that tape man. so you are gonna have your right breast exposed thru your shirt. i think you should maybe consider surgery. even before my surgery i never thought of doing this. i would have been even more mentally shot knowing that my breasts are taped down. yikes! this method can not be comfortable atleast in my opinion. tape was made for injuries and for taping gauz pads etc... not to tape your breasts down to make a flat look.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024