Author Topic: Some non-Canadians cannot do it in Canada :(  (Read 2985 times)

Offline beautiful_mind

• Posting Member
Hello everyone

Have been looking around for a decent Dr for the job. I've read tons of good things about Canadian Drs and so decided to take it a step further and get started with the actual work. I started with Dr. Fielding. I gave his office a call and asked them if they take foreigners. Unfortunately they don't, at least not my nationality as they have specific requirements regarding their "insurance" <==?! I dunno what that even means, but it tells me one thing: Dr. Fielding isn't an option anymore. 

So I decided to try Dr. Lista. Same thing. He wouldn't take non-Canadians. I decided to stop there and do all the research again and try to find a man for the job in the US, which is unfortunate because they are a bit pricey compared to their Canadian equivalents.

Well, it isn't all that bad to me because either way I got to travel overseas to see the Dr whether he is in Canada or in the US, and that wont discourage me from doing it whatsoever as I've taken a final decision to cross the river FOREVER and become the man that I have ever wanted to be.

Hope someone find this useful and save his time before he gets stuck with the same issue after spending all that much of time doing the research, though I'm not sure about what nationalities this thing applies to.

Cheers!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Thanks for sharing that with everyone. I've encouraged non-Canadians to check out Canadian docs because I wasn't aware that they had those restrictions. It's too bad.

Offline beautiful_mind

• Posting Member
Well, the lady who took my call at Dr. Fielding's office was so clear about not accepting non-Canadians due to a policy was set by them I believe and she explained it as an "insurance issue." So I think I'm pretty sure that Dr. isn't an option for non-Canadians.

However, the other one who answered my call at Dr. Lista's office didn't convince me as she didn't explain anything about their policy. When I asked her whether they would accept foreigners, she just answered by "no." I got back to the Dr.'s website and picked the email address and sent them an email asking the same question. It turns out to be this: They would accept any patient as long as he has what they described it as a residence. They said "as long as you have a residence that you are staying at you can see Dr. Lista." So I guess it is possible to do it with Dr. Lista, though there might be some restrictions that I really can't think of.

Hope this helps.

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
I would imagine that Dr. Lista would want you to have a local residence in case there are any problems in the post-op period.

I have surgery next week, and his office is ensuring I stay in the area overnight.  Further, they want a one week followup, and possibly another followup.  This would be harder to accomplish with a foreigner.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I believe the followups are: 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, and then 6 months.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Beautiful_Mind,

Where are you from?  Are there no qualified plastic surgeons in your area?  Who says "Cheers" besides Brits and maybe Indian people?  Are you from GB?  Hopefully you can find a plastic surgeon in your area.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline beautiful_mind

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=17060.msg118303#msg118303 date=1236347255]
Beautiful_Mind,

Where are you from?  Are there no qualified plastic surgeons in your area?  Who says "Cheers" besides Brits and maybe Indian people?  Are you from GB?  Hopefully you can find a plastic surgeon in your area.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Well I started my research with local Drs but I didn't want to take the risk with someone who has never been heard of, though the average cost for doing it locally is about 1,500 USD including everything. Plus it's a one-time shot and for me it's worth the time and effort to get it right from the first time. I'll be going to a grad school in Canada in a couple of months, so I want to take advantage of this opportunity to do it with someone who has been proved to be qualified for the job.

As for where I'm from, I'm neither English nor Indian. I'm from the Mideast, and you can easily tell as English isn't my mother tongue ::)

Thanks for your input Dr.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024