Author Topic: Typical Costs of Surgery in Ontario  (Read 5400 times)

Offline mistersinister

• Posting Member
Hello,

I am sorry if this question has been answered, but I haven't really been able to find it. What is the typical cost of surgery in ontario? I know I can't afford it now, but I would like to know how much I should have saved up ;)

Thank you

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
dr. fielding in TO 2100. how can you not afford it. Less than 200 a month for one year OR 100 a month for 2 years

Offline mistersinister

• Posting Member
2100?

Thats not too bad. I was expecting somewhere around the range of 6-8,000.

Offline prodigy

• Posting Member
We'll the surgery does cost in the range of $6000.00 the thing is if you go with a dr that performs his surgery in a hospital ohip will cover the gland part of the surgery. This is why going with dr fielding is more appealing. In the end you're just paying for liposuction fee which costs in the $2000 range.

If you go with a dr who performs his surgery out of his own practice, be prepared to pay around $6000.00.

Offline mistersinister

• Posting Member
We'll the surgery does cost in the range of $6000.00 the thing is if you go with a dr that performs his surgery in a hospital ohip will cover the gland part of the surgery. This is why going with dr fielding is more appealing. In the end you're just paying for liposuction fee which costs in the $2000 range.

If you go with a dr who performs his surgery out of his own practice, be prepared to pay around $6000.00.

Great. Thanks for the the answers guys. It sheds light into my situation

Offline Saitek

• Posting Member
$4000 here in Kitchener!

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Dr Lista: 5100$ + other expenses. He uses a state of the art technique: no incision around the aureole. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr Lista: 5100$ + other expenses. He uses a state of the art technique: no incision around the aureole. 

Once areola incisions are healed, they are almost undetectable!  ;)

If you're not looking for them, you'd never see them!!!

$4000 can buy you, or Doc Lista a lot of cool toys...  The choice is yours!!!   :P

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member

$4000 can buy you, or Doc Lista a lot of cool toys...  The choice is yours!!!   :P

GB...

Lista-Fielding war !! ;)

I say Lista's credentials are quite impressive...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Lista-Fielding war !! ;)

I say Lista's credentials are quite impressive...

A war? Naw dude, just a discussion...  ;)

Yes, Dr. Lista does have impressive credentials. Both he and JCF do!

GB...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB...

I bought a 52 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV and Sony Blu-ray player with the coin that I saved... and still had a G-note to spare...   :P

$1000 buys quite a few Blu-ray discs!!!  ;)

GB...

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member

I bought a 52 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV and Sony Blu-ray player with the coin that I saved... and still had a G-note to spare...   :P

GB...
Who could argue with that...;)

But in my case, I didn't mind the extra cost because I am prone to keloids. I didn't want to take the chance of having huge scars right under both nipples. So Dr Lista's technique with a 1/4 inch incision on each side suited me perfectly.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It all comes down to choosing the best doc to suit your needs...  ;)

So... you've had surgery then?

GB...

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
It all comes down to choosing the best doc to suit your needs...  ;)

So... you've had surgery then?

GB...
Yes I have !  23 days post-op now. I have a llittle scar tissue and no significant swelling. I massage 30 mins a day with Arnica Gel and I'll wear the garment for 6 weeks.  Dr Lista gave me permission to do any exercise starting 1 month post op (next week !). I really can't wait because I need to lose the last 5 pounds to have a great physique.

However I am a little concerned over recurrence. I'm 35 and I've had Gyne since I was 13 or 14 years old. I will have my hormone balance checked soon. I don't want to start yet another debate here but I will sum up my worries with 1 word: weed.

Grandpa, you're one of this board's veteran. I've been reading posts here for about a year before I made the decision to go under surgery. I'm sure you've inspired a lot of people here, including me.

Thanks a million for that !

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Congrats and welcome to the 'Other Side'...

Reoccurrence is very rare...  Don't get your shorts in a bind over it dude....  ;)

Thanks for the kind words my man... Much appreciated! ;)

I'm glad to hear that my experiences/support has helped other sufferers find their way to the 'Other Side'....  ;)   It's very gratifying!!!

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024