Author Topic: New decisions  (Read 2374 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Well I don't know if anyone remembers my old posts, but here is my story.

I am in my early 20-s, have suffered with gyne all my life, and for some (stupid reason), waited until now for surgery. I have an appointment with doc Fielding at the end of June, and an appointment with Lista early next week.

My original plan was to go with Fielding, pay for the whole thing myself ($1000 i can easily afford), and try and keep the whole thing a big secret (stay at a hotel for the first few days, pretend to be sick, etc).

The thing is, I was told by the secretary I would have to wait more than a month after the consultation for a surgery date, and probably even longer than that.

I have lived with this problem all my life, and I don't want to live with it anymore. From what I was told by Lista's secretary, I can have surgery with them much earlier. Also, since my gyne is mostly fat, their PAL method may be beneficial to me.

For these reasons, I have decided the following. When I go see Lista next week I'm going to try and get the price down as much as possible, and try and get a surgery date as early as possible (hopefully within a week or two after that).

Once I have done all that, I will email my parents (I have decided this would be the easiest way) my whole story, and my decision for surgery. I have very supportive parents, and I am sure they will understand.

Phew.

Ok, end of story. I really don't know why I just typed all that.... just felt like writing out my plan. Again, I'll ask Lista about OHIP coverage and such, and post my findings back here.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:03:36 AM by a-man »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You are lucky to have 'well-off' folks Dude. 8)

Best of luck with your surgery and I hope that you get the results that you are looking for.  :)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024