Author Topic: Thinking of seeing Dr. Fielding  (Read 14064 times)

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
Kinda new to this site/board.

Still not sure whether I have real gyne or if it's psuedo, but either way it's the same physical appearance, and I've had to live with it for about 9 years. I'm currently 21, around 5'9, 175 lb's, and I'm about fed up of dealing with this.

I'm currently in University in my summer term at Waterloo, I'm thinking of booking an appointment to see Dr. Fielding during a weekend and hopefully getting the Surgery done around August 15, which is a couple of days after the last exam, and I'll have about three weeks to recover.

Do you think it would be possible to get a op booked during that time? It took me a while to actually get the courage to deal with this, but I kind of want to keep this on the down low with my friends until perhaps I'm fully recovered. Also is there anything else I should know before booking the appointment?

I'm glad to have found this site though, it's been very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome Broh!

As far as I know, JCF does his consultations on Mondays and he does the proceedures on Wednesdays. I'm not sure if he sees anyone on weekends. But then he may... You'd have to call JCF's office and ask Leslie ( Fielding's secretary ) about it.

If you are wanting surgery for mid August, you should make the call real soon Dude! Like, RIGHT NOW! Plastic Surgeons get busy during the summer months. You'd be very lucky to score a date for mid Aug, or sooner. A few guys on this Site called every few days to try and scoop up a cancellation. One or two were successful ( hint, hint! ;) ).

There is one thing that you should know. Dr. Fielding... HE-DA-MAN! He'll fix you  ;)

Yeah, this Site is AWESOME! We'll be there for you Pre and Post Op....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 04:12:08 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
Ah, thanks for the tips.
I called yesterday and got an appointment scheduled for July 11th.

I'm curious though, how is the post-op like? How's the recovery? I heard you can't take off the bandage for the first week and can't shower ( which will be tough since I need my daily shower!). I took a look at some of the pics you've linked. I will most likely be at home during recovery, but it would be nice to have a shorter recovery period.

I'm also curious about money, how much did your op cost you with Fielding? I think my case is about the same as yours, just that I'm probably a little shorter. I think I have a lot of glandular tissue and I heard that's covered by OHIP.

I'm glad I found this site... up until recently I wasn't even ready accept it to myself that there's a problem.

Offline FB

• Silver Member
I paid 1070.00 last fall. I think you can expect to pay anywhere from 950.00 - 1200 now.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Looks like I will be seeing you ASRel on the 11th. Thats my consultation too :)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Ah, thanks for the tips.
I called yesterday and got an appointment scheduled for July 11th.

Excellent!  ;D

I'm curious though, how is the post-op like? How's the recovery? I heard you can't take off the bandage for the first week and can't shower ( which will be tough since I need my daily shower!).

Post-Op is a tad uncomfortable. You'll be sore for a while and you wont be able to sleep on your sides at all. That was a biatch for me as I usually sleep on my side.

I took my tensor off. You will not damage anything by removing your tensor and pads for a shower. Go without a shower for 7 days?? Shaaa right!  :P

I'm also curious about money, how much did your op cost you with Fielding? I think my case is about the same as yours, just that I'm probably a little shorter. I think I have a lot of glandular tissue and I heard that's covered by OHIP.

My out of pocket was $1280 bones. The only thing you have to pay for is the Lipo. OHIP pays for the rest.

I'm glad I found this site... up until recently I wasn't even ready accept it to myself that there's a problem.

Cool.... now JCF can fix you and you'll be free!

John.

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
Looks like I will be seeing you ASRel on the 11th. Thats my consultation too :)

Cool, well my appointment is around 5:15... I'm probably the only Brown guy with Gyne, so I'll probably stand out. I'm very bad at approaching people (mosltly due to gyne now I think), so forgive me if I don't say hi...

I've been read around, and I've noticed that a lot of people are getting these vests for post-op, do they help? I'm thinking I might grab one. I'm hoping to get surgey around Aug 15th.

A minor update, I told my parents about the appointment, they're being very supportive, and it seems like they've known for some time and that it's been bothering me a lot for the last 8 or so years. I guess me slouching forward all the time, wearing tight undershirts and me being suddenly introverted after going into highschool kind of gave it away.

I guess the surgery's still more than two months away, but I'm looking forward to it. I can't believe how much this is going to change my life, I went shopping today and I just realized that I can actually start shopping at places like MEXX and start wearing fitted shirts!

My only regret right now is that I wish I had come across this site earlier, I could've saved myself a lot of grief.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My only regret right now is that I wish I had come across this site earlier, I could've saved myself a lot of grief.

Same here!  ;D

John.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member

I'm probably the only Brown guy with Gyne, so I'll probably stand out

Get in line your #2

Offline pirate4225

• Posting Member
I'm probably the only Brown guy with Gyne, so I'll probably stand out

YEh..Me too..

New to the site.. 5'7" 155 lbs, with puffy nips...Bambu has helped me out in the past and will be going go see Fielding soon.

Thanks y'all..

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Asrel, I dont expect you to say LOL. Hmm, I dont get a time of day to go. I just got the day. Maybe Ill call back soon and see what time.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
no actually he's at least #3, i was here before him!

Get in line your #2

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
LOL you're brown too as well Toronto?  Guess there's some gyno inducing crap in the food we eat!   LOL!  :D

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
me 4 then

no actually he's at least #3, i was here before him!

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
must be..i didn't realize there was that many brown people here either till this thread

LOL you're brown too as well Toronto?  Guess there's some gyno inducing crap in the food we eat!   LOL!  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024