Author Topic: Removing bandages...  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Elias

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I had the surgery 2 days ago, on tuesday, and I have my first post op meeting with the nurse next wednesday which will be 8 days after surgery. They have told me not to take any of the bandages off or to shower ect until then but this seems much longer than what most people on here have been told and I really want to have a look? I was given loads of spare bandages and my mum used to be a nurse so would i be able to take them off and have a look or do I have to wait untill next week?! Answers appreciated!

Offline Elias

• Posting Member
Yea it seems like everyone else has had their first post op the next day or wo days after their surgery. I am not even seeing the surgeon who performed my operation next week but a nurse at a different branch of the the company who i pressume will just take the bandages off and then send me home without any real feedback as she has not meet me before and dosent know what I looked like before.

I have the compression vest on and underneath that have a large sticky plaster that covers my entire chest with padding banadages underneath them that cover most of the pecs. Im very tempted to take it all off and have a look but im worried I will cause damage or effect the healing process...

Offline lookinup

• Posting Member
I had to wait 72 hours before I could take off the vest to shower. Then I can take off as needed to shower, but must keep it on at all other times!!!
Gyno surgery 26-JUNE-09

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
I had surgery today and was told i could take the bandages off tomorrow and shower, as long as incision and lipo areas are covered by waterproof plasters.

Offline Elias

• Posting Member
Cheers for the advice guys, I rang the surgeon and he told me although it isnt the norm with most surgeons, he likes to have the bandages left on for a week before taken off, says it gets him his results so I accepted that! Have managed to aviod taking them off, got my check up tomorow so hopefully it will have been worth the wait!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024