Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Lista July 30  (Read 6325 times)

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
I've been considering surgery on and off for the last 8 years. Actually, I nearly did it once, in 2002, I had gone to an initial consultation and booked a date with Dr. Fielding in Toronto, but my girlfriend at the time basically talked me out of it, scaring the shit out of me in the process. That caution has stayed with me ever since and has really been the only thing stopping me from getting the surgery. I suppose I have become more comfortable with gynecomastia over the years, partly because I have become a more confident person, and more comfortable with myself in general. Still, I've never really been comfortable wearing fitted shirts or at the beach.

Recently, I'd been mulling over the surgery again (tends to happen when summer's around the corner, eh?), but I didn't really consider doing anything about it until a few days ago. You see, I live in Spain, and I am home for the summer. I realized I may have a brief window of opportunity to put this behind me, before heading back. I mentioned to my girlfriend over the phone that it had been on my mind and she said that I ought to at least phone, find out if it would be possible to get the surgery, and either decide to go forward with it, or forget about it. I took her up on the advice, called Dr. Lista's office and spoke to a very friendly and sympathetic receptionist who made an appointment for me for the following day. I told my parents about it, they were both intially surprised but very supportive ("go for it!" said my Dad). So, after an almost sleepless night (super nervous!), I headed off down the QEW to Dr. Lista's office and had a brief consultation. My impression is that he is a very kind man, patient, not overly talkative, but extremely professional and not at all in a rush to get through the appointment. After explaining a few things to my mother and I, we sort of sat there stunned and nervous and he just waited to field any questions. Frankly, I didn't have too many, having checked out his website (www.theplasticsurgeryclinic.com) and read up on the procedure beforehand. I have full confidence in him and his staff and, having weighed the risks (is that even really possible! I prefer not to think about it having agonized over the decision enough already), I decided to go ahead with it.

I had explained to Dr. Lista that I would be going back to Spain at the end of August, which he said wouldn't be a problem, nevertheless, I received a call today from one of his staff offering to move the date up from August 12th to Thursday, July 30th! Wow, did that ever take me back! After the initial upset stomach (like a little kid!) I thought it was a great idea. Now, I just have to get some bloodwork done and do a brief physical exam and I'm off to the races. Oh, right, and pay the $4,900+tax =$5,145.00. That includes everything, they even gave me a package of Arnica pills to take before and after, and a surgical soap for before the surgery (least they could do, right? Still, it kind of makes you feel like they've got their shit together).

I'll post pre and post-op photos later and let you all know how it went.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:52:20 AM by get over it »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'll post pre and post-op photos later and let you all know how it went.

Looking forward to it!  ;)

Waiting for you on the 'Other Side'...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
Thanks GB! Your posts have been very inspirational and have helped me to make this decision - you had a pretty severe case of gyne, it looks like. So, if you can do it, I can do it!

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
Here are some pre-op photos. As you can see, I've got a fairly mild case of gynecomastia. But I really think it would look worse if I weren't in decent shape (I'm 5'9' 160lbs).

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
Well, so far, so good. I was a little woozy last night, which was fine. A little sore, too. Took a couple Percosets and fell asleep. This morning there is hardly any pain. My left side is a little more tender and swollen. Got a little shock when I took the vest off to shower, there was a kind of a groove going diagonally down across my left nipple, but I think it was just a mark left by the vest and the dressings. Also, the swelling on my pec maybe makes it look a bit indented, will have to wait and see. Anyway, here are some pics!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Awesome dude... Great results!!!

Thanks for sharing your pics...

However, keep in mind that you most likely will have swelling and it may look like the G is returning. If this happens, don't panic my man... the swelling will dissipate in due time.  ;)

Give your body at least 3-6 months to heal...

GB...

Offline technics777

• Bronze Member

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
Wow great results!! Question....are your post op pics the same conditions as pre?  I'm noticing your nipples were puffy pre and ZERO puffiness in the post, but could have that look because you were cold or something.  I guess most people will know that the puffy nipple look obviously goes away if you tweak your nipples or you are cold....is that the case here or are your puffy nipples completely gone...which would be AWESOME!

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
Nope. Definitely no puffiness. My nipples have completely shrunk to the way they would look had I just emerged from freezing water. The puffiness is a result of breast tissue underneath the skin, I think, and once that's gone, so is the puffiness. My nipples look a bit recessed at the moment, hoping that's just because all the area around them is swollen.

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
That's great news!  It looks like your pre nipples were level but after your left is a little lower than right? Is that the case or do I need glasses? LOL ...right now my right is lower than my left, wondering if Lista tries to level them somehow during surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

right now my right is lower than my left, wondering if Lista tries to level them somehow during surgery.

Very doubtful dude...

Nobody is perfectly symmetrical my man. Some have a food that bigger than the other, some have an arm/leg longer than the other, some peoples eyes are uneven etc, etc... Nobody is going to run up to you on the beach and say "OMG!!! Your areolas are uneven...  :o" .

Chill out a bit dude... we are all unique individuals. Not mass produced, identical robots...

Human = Not Perfect...  ;)

GB...

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
GP thanks for the response, but remember some people have different views on what they are comfortable with, regardless of what you, or someone else thinks.  I simply was asking a question about the type of procedure and options while the the Surgeon is doing his thing.  I personally feel just as self-concious about the uneven nipples as I do the gyno.

Everyone has the right to worry about something on him/her, doesn't give ANYONE the right to say words like "your nose is fine, your chest is fine, your hair is fine"  because one thing affects a person more than another.  If I was asking for opinions on what people thought of my chest (which in my thread I did not) then I guess it makes sense to hear opinions like "its fine, etc"

It was just a question, I should have probably just asked Lista instead of adding a comment to this thread.....my bad

PS> GP not trying to start a fight thread....I just don't agree with people telling other people how they should or should not feel about their own body.....

Sorry Get it Over, no more thread jacking! :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GP not trying to start a fight thread....I just don't agree with people telling other people how they should or should not feel about their own body.....

Point taken dude... my bad!  :-\

GB...

Offline bigtits

• Posting Member
Looks really good man! 

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
excellent results man, im especially pleased that your nips have shrunk considerably in size. damn that tissue eh? :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024