Author Topic: Revision in 2 weeks, recovery?  (Read 3804 times)

Offline gynegonegood

• Posting Member
Hi there, I had my surgery a year ago. Never really had a severe case it was pretty mild but I was definately happy with the first results. He have my chest a more natural shape, not so much pointy (other than the nipples.) But my puffy nipples never did subside. Although I think they have gone down a bit.  Originally he mad the excision below my pecs, this time he is going to go in through the aerola. He says there is still some gland that can be removed.
What is the recovery time usually on just glandular excision, significantly less than lypo? And will I need a compression vest?

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Hi there, I had my surgery a year ago. Never really had a severe case it was pretty mild but I was definately happy with the first results. He have my chest a more natural shape, not so much pointy (other than the nipples.) But my puffy nipples never did subside. Although I think they have gone down a bit.  Originally he mad the excision below my pecs, this time he is going to go in through the aerola. He says there is still some gland that can be removed.
What is the recovery time usually on just glandular excision, significantly less than lypo? And will I need a compression vest?

From what I have read on the forums, it seems like revision for gland extraction is not a big deal. A lot of people dont even wear the compression vest, I think those are only worn when lipo has been perfomed to compress the area so swelling does not happen. I watched several videos on gland extraction only surgeries and most of the guys just go under local anesthesia, get the gland removed and the doctor wraps them up in just a basic bandage...nothing like the vest
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline gynegonegood

• Posting Member
I don't even know if it is gland, I think he might have said that hill scrape away some tissue to cause then To not be puffy anymore. Although he said there is a chance the nipple could invert a bit. Is this something I should really worry about? How noticeable are the scars when done on the aerola

DrBermant

I have seen some really nasty Crater Deformities after Gland only Gynecomastia Surgery. That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique that targets residual gland / scar tissue, then uses remaining resources to rebuild the contour.

Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, surgical technique, skills of the surgeon, and many other factors. Almost all of my patients tell me that even though my revision surgery is more extensive than their original surgeon's operation, the recovery after my sculpture was more comfortable, easier, and faster.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Revision surgery is not a cake walk -- it is perhaps even more demanding than the original surgery.  Why?  Because you are trying to remove residual tissue but you are also dealing with scar tissue, which wasn't there at the original operation.  And the skin surrounding the problem area is now stuck down with scar tissue also. Therefore, when I do revision surgery, I approach it not as a minor touch up but as a real operation.  It may require lipo (to allow the skin to spread out again) as well as direct excision of gland and/or scar tissue. It takes a truly experienced surgeon to deal with these problems. 

And I would use a compression garment for a few weeks as well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

From what I have read on the forums, it seems like revision for gland extraction is not a big deal. A lot of people dont even wear the compression vest, I think those are only worn when lipo has been perfomed to compress the area so swelling does not happen. I watched several videos on gland extraction only surgeries and most of the guys just go under local anesthesia, get the gland removed and the doctor wraps them up in just a basic bandage...nothing like the vest

Actually revision surgery is a big deal and much more difficult than the contouring something without defects and scars. Good results should look good at rest and during animation. It should move well looking good playing sports, with arms elevated, and muscles flexing. Evaluation of the quality of a result should include such details as well as how fast the body recovered. That is something few are willing to show. Try to find how much bruising and swelling after gynecomastia surgery any such method offers.  My patients use Compression Garments to achieve the results seen on my site.   

Revision surgery is an art form. Look for before and after documentation of what any surgeon can achieve before believing claims of their methods.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024