Author Topic: I am in shock!  (Read 2605 times)

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
I check these forums from time to time and I am often shocked by the comments people make especially when it comes down to other people's pictures. Many people posting pictures look fine to me and I believe that members of this site suggest surgery too easily. Many guys posting their pictures want to be reassured not sent to the surgeon! Lots of guys have very mild cases of gynecomastia and clearly have issues accepting it. In many cases their gynecomastia is clear only for people that are obsessed with it and the average person seeing them at the beach or changing rooms would not even think about it. I don't believe people using these forums are the best people to give advice as most of them clearly are not objective about something that made their life miserable!

This obsession with perfection is not healthy. Perfection does not exist and we should learn how to accept how we are and especially very minor cases. If you do obsess about a slightly puffy nipple and you get surgery you are likely to obsess about something else once your nipples are sorted!

Having said that I understand when people do want to have plastic surgery but it should not be suggested that easily. Learning (or at least try) to accept it should be the first thing. At the end of the day it is all in our head. Other people don't care. I am a mild case myself and that did not stop me from dating, going to beach etc. I am 40yo and in all my life only one person kind asked me about it and I come from a country where people are extremely outspoken and body fascists. I had more comments about other parts of my body than I had about my breasts!

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
...also I have to add that I went through the posts of surgeons and I cannot see a single one where the surgeons tells someone they are fine. Surely this would be very reassuring for guys that post their pictures and have no gyne.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024