Author Topic: More fat under one nipple/areola then the other post surgery  (Read 2912 times)

BrandonPrice31

I just had gyno liposuction and gland removal.

Is it normal a week and a half post surgery to notice that there is more fat under one areola vs the other (not hard tissue, but fat).

Does this mean he did uneven liposuction or is it still too early and the fat distribution means nothing?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:59:00 PM by BrandonPrice31 »

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
Its only been a week and a half. Your still healing like I am almost 7 weeks post op.  Give it time.  Im trying to tell myself the same thing because I am getting hard masses under the areolas.  Give it a couple months and if u still have concerns,  run it by your surgeon is my advice.

BrandonPrice31

But what scares me is that I can push my right aerola/nipple in so it seems like their is fast whereas the left side allows no pushing?

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
I have similar problems just different sides. Mine are puffy like they were pre op.  I am upset that the fact I had surgery was to eliminate the puffy nips. And they were gone for about 2 weeks.  However scar tissue forms causing them to puff back out.  I am massaging often. I have been told by many people and reading these forums that it helps.  My advice for now is to do that. 

Offline Bob_Boob

• Posting Member
I have the same problem as you except my left seems to have more fat than my right. I too can also push a lot more on my left than my right. I'm currently a little over 3 weeks post op, but I'm hoping it's just swelling... I just had my 2nd post op visit, and the PA said it's most likely swelling, but I'm not sure if she's just saying that simply for the sake of waiting longer.

BrandonPrice31

I don't get how bruising would create 'fat' that you can push down on?

Any plastic surgeons on these forums that can confirm that bruising possibly creates a 'fat' illusion under your nipple/areola?

Did she say whether or not a revision is possible if it doesn't go away?

I have the same problem as you except my left seems to have more fat than my right. I too can also push a lot more on my left than my right. I'm currently a little over 3 weeks post op, but I'm hoping it's just swelling... I just had my 2nd post op visit, and the PA said it's most likely swelling, but I'm not sure if she's just saying that simply for the sake of waiting longer.

Offline Bob_Boob

• Posting Member
I don't get how bruising would create 'fat' that you can push down on?

Any plastic surgeons on these forums that can confirm that bruising possibly creates a 'fat' illusion under your nipple/areola?

Did she say whether or not a revision is possible if it doesn't go away?

Yeah, in my case, I had very minimal bruising, if any at all. My swelling seemed to be gone after about a week or two. I have full sensation in my chest now with no pain or numbness, so I'm not so sure that it's swelling. I think it's too early to look into revision surgery, and I haven't brought it up with my surgeon yet. But I would also like to get some insight from a plastic surgeon on these forums regarding this, because I don't see this 'fat' magically disappearing by simply waiting a little longer.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
yes, if a surgeon could advise that would be great. I'm 7 weeks post op. My left side has more soft fattier feeling tissue (not hard and swollen) than the right. not much but the right side just feels like skin and muscle whereas the left feels it has a little excess tissue. Still going through lot's of healing at this stage but it's hard being patient!

Offline Bob_Boob

• Posting Member
Spoke with my PA on the phone a couple days ago. I don't have my 3rd post op appointment until little over a week, but the PA did mention the possibility of revision surgery. Nothing definite, but it looks like this is fat, and not swelling (which is what we all suspected in the first place). So unfortunately, the uneven fat will probably require revision surgery for most of you guys's situations as well. I'm very bummed out, as I am heading into my final year of college and still won't be able to take off my shirt...

Offline rjr3

• Posting Member
I can relate to how you're feeling.  I had surgery 1 month ago today and I can grab a handful of tissue or whatever it may be on one side, absolutely nothing on the other.  Its definitely disappointing I know.  You're not the only one my friend.  Have to just hope for the best like the rest of us :) :(.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024