Author Topic: Too flat chest post Op. Workout sessions  (Read 4855 times)

Offline JB

• Posting Member
Most post op pics of the guys see here are having too flat chest and too compressed nipple area. I don't feel good compared to normal chest without gyno and with little muscle.
Can anyone suggest the complete workouts sessions tips and schedule for the post op. I assume healing can take from 2 to 6 months. I will start mild exercises 1 month after surgery

hammer

Remember assume is spelled ass-u-me! Healing  properly after surgery is very important for your body, so I don't think it will hurt to give your body more time before you start working out.  Total healing can take 6 plus mouths after surgery, so don't start put and strain on that chest!

Offline mattyy

• Posting Member
Hey man,
Getting in shape is a marathon, not a sprint. If you truly want to incorporate fitness into your lifestyle, then 6 months isn't going to kill you.
I'm hoping to get surgery in the next year and my plan is ramp-up my training, pre-empting the long break I'll have to take. My fitness goal is strength so I'll probably follow some high intensity, low volume programme. Look up 531, or SS if you've never trained before and you want to gain strength. If you want to add mass to your chest, a good PPL programme will do. A quick google should find a decent one.
There's nothing stopping you from adding that mass now. It's a lot easier to get it back, once you've already had it and lost it.

hammer

It is fine to get into a heavy workout program "before" surgery! After surgery one needs to alow his body to heal properly, and work back into a workout program after his body is fully healed and has gotten the green light from his surgeon.

I've been through 8 surgeries, from minor same day to having both total knee replacements, and 3 back surgeries, one taking 9 hour! Believe me when I say, let your body heal it the time your body needs, not in the time your impatience wants to get back in the gym!

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
It's a lot easier to get it back, once you've already had it and lost it.

That's me. I stopped working out a few weeks before surgery, then right after surgery I was shocked how flat my chest looked. Now I'm working out again after 6 weeks of healing and the muscles are indeed coming back quickly, however it's still difficult to train the chest now even at 3 months post op because it had lost all muscle and strength and went through trauma from the surgery. Patience is key here.

Offline JB

• Posting Member
How is that?? During the surgery only the breast tissue and excess fat getting removed right? Not the existing chest muscle.?!

hammer

The muscles have experienced trauma! They also need time to recover.

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Yes, and guys be careful when you start training your chest again. Build up slowly, I learned the hard way.
I just injured my right pec and I don't know how long I can't workout the chest to heal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024