Author Topic: Importance of This Website  (Read 456 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

As I've experienced difficulties the last few days accessing this forum the thought crossed my mind that I'd be really saddened if this place disappeared.  I know it happens all the time, but this is such a rare community I've no idea where I would go to discuss these matters... my breasts and the brassieres I choose to wear because I have breasts.

I've mentioned cross-dressing websites I've visited as well as sites devoted to men trying the "grow" breasts, but none of them allow me to share my experience as I do here.  I've also visited sites devoted to folks who are experiencing gender dysphoria and who are considering transitioning.  While I find those conversations interesting given my own gender dysphoria that is not the direction I'm taking.

I wonder if there are other sites men here know of that would allow for the kind of conversation we have here.  It might be nice to have a "fall-back" place where we could meet if this site goes down or the owner decides he doesn't need the forum OR he doesn't need the acceptance side of the site..

Any thoughts on the matter?

MyLife

I think its a good idea to have a backup plan, but I don't know of any other websites/forums that I really enjoy like this one

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member
I agree with you. I don't talk on here as much as I used to, but I do check in daily. I can only get on with my phone right now.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Yes, this is a special place, especially for men first coming to terms with breasts appearing on their chests... breasts that may have been there for a long time, but which we've done our best to ignore.  When we begin to discuss accepting our situation we end up with rather deep conversations about many things... at least we're having those conversations now.

I have spent a bit more time on one website... the one I mentioned about men who wish to grow their breasts.  I find they have threads exploring some of the issues we discuss, like what does it mean to be transgender.  There are men seeking to grow their breasts and men with gynecomastia who celebrate their good fortune in having breasts.  That may be a step too far for some of the men here but certainly not all.

Here's a link to that website for anyone interested in checking it out.  Breast Nexum

I have no idea whether I'll become more active on that site.  It too is a bit slow at the moment... unlike the crossdressing website that had almost 700 participants active the last time I visited.  There was a thread about whether folks enjoyed wearing a brassiere and one person said he had to wear one... otherwise his breast forms would fall on the ground.  A fine joke but clearly that is a different crowd.  We come by our breasts honestly...

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I feel a bit better knowing that the recent forum access issues aren't just something that I've experienced. Hopefully the bug will be dealt with at a higher level soon, or worst case, I have to somehow adjust my hardware to suit.

Thoughts did enter my mind about how I would react if this forum suddenly shut down forever. Yes, I would miss it and the good folk who hang out here, but I couldn't help thinking that I might be like one of the security guard fanbois at the end of The Truman Show. Oh well, move on etc., next!!!

I do use one other forum frequently enough that has very little to do with gynecomastia, but very much to do with some of the other things that we discuss. In my mind I graduated from here to there and absolutely needed to take the step to sign up there for my own sanity, but I don't have a convincing reason to quit this 'ere place yet. I still struggle with certain feelings about certain aspects of myself and find this forum to be just as valid as the other one in managing those feelings. So, here I stay!

42C, one of the main reasons that you can write freely here and have the type of conversations that we do, is because...we do! This forum didn't feature that sort of stuff a couple of years ago as you well know, and now it does, because we all had a part in making it so. We could do that elsewhere, if we really wanted to.

Offline 42CSurprise!

42C, one of the main reasons that you can write freely here and have the type of conversations that we do, is because...we do! This forum didn't feature that sort of stuff a couple of years ago as you well know, and now it does, because we all had a part in making it so. We could do that elsewhere, if we really wanted to.

No doubt the fine people who participate on this side of the website could create a meaningful conversation at another location but since none of us knows what or where that might be I can't imagine how we would even find one another.  We're all using usernames and we don't share contact information.

Out of curiosity I checked out Google Groups and decided to create one.  Of course to do so I had to register using one of my Gmail accounts which is tied to my contact information.  That means I use my real name.  Honestly, I don't know whether I want to advertise that fact, though honestly, I wouldn't have any problem sharing that information with men here.  I know we don't do that, but that really is the only way we could continue the conversation if this site went down.

I guess the best way to deal with this is if individuals are interested in creating a group and willing to give up anonymity to do so, they should send me a private message.  Perhaps we could have a group chat to discuss whether this makes sense.  I've never done that but Birdie said it is possible to do so.  Let's see what the universe has to say about it all...

Online WPW717

• Silver Member
I would be in on that if the site goes down
Dunno much re DM/PM s
Regards, Bob

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I'm pretty sure the problem in the site regarding speed, format, etc... have very little to do with the site itself. The site was hacked, and has since been repaired. 
Everything works just fine for me on both devices. 

I tend to believe 'your' devices were infected by bypassing the security cert warning. That malware might be redirecting you to remote servers on a fake internet somewhere. 

My laptop was never infected, but my phone was. A factory reset of my phone was all that was needed. I have no problems with the site at all now. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

Whatever the reason is, I'll leave the forum for some time and come back once in a month. There was a time for some years that I couldn't access the forum at all from my country for legal reasons by the European Community. So I'm accustomed to certain difficulties. "Cheryl's Breasttalk Forum" was closed down by tapatalk. But there are alternatives like breastnexum.com and for folks who are transgendered or at least non-binary susans.org or transgenderpulse.com for example.
Goodbye!
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024