Author Topic: BC student; Confused and uncertain  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm 18 years old and resident of BC.
I've had Gyne since elementry school days. I don't have any pictures of my case, but it is quite similar to "Grandpa Bambu". His pictures can be found here:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bambu@rogers.com/album?.dir=/4efc&.src=ph&.tok=phyrvPCBZ_Dlx7LB
(Grandpa Bambu, if you would like me to remove this link, just message me or post here and I will respect your wishes)

I've read around the forums a bit and noticed that the Vancouver surgeons cost quite alot. I've seen cases of people claiming to pay around $5,000 - $7,000 or more. Also, not many are giving alot of positive feedback from their surgery from these BC surgeons.

So a few direct answers I'd like to reviece from you guys:
1. IF I were to have the Gyne surgery here, in Vancouver, who is/are the best to go to? (best results, history, etc). If possible, can you please provide where I will be able to contact them.
2. What costs will my MSP of BC pay?
3. What costs will I have to pay?

Alternative:
So, I'm wondering if it's worth going to Dr Lista or Dr Fielding (or another) located in Ontario.

4.I've read Dr Fielding costs around $1300
BUT, I'd like a comfirmation also if this is the approxximate price and ALSO Lista's price. (I get their prices confused sometimes because their names are always brought up here)
5. What are the procedures IF I go to Toronto. (ie. Will the Docter have to take a look at me, ask me questions, review my past medical history, etc)
6. Is there a long wait to recieve the operation?
7. If I have the surgery there, I will have to stay there for  a while, correct?
How many days would I need to say there?
8. If I have to stay, would it be long?(seeing as how I will have to have regular check-ups to see if my healing process is going well OR can this be done after the operation in BC?)

EDIT:
9. I just found out that the OHIP will be able to cover me, according to Grandpa Bambu
Grandpa Bambu:
Also, it is not just Ontarians that are able to take advantage of OHIP coverage. All provinces, with the exception of Quebec, are covered under the OHIP plan.

I'd appretiate it very much if you could give me a basic outline of what to expect.

That's all the questions and concerns I have right now. If I have anymore I'll update soon.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:13:34 PM by eim9 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Grandpa Bambu, if you would like me to remove this link, just message me or post here and I will respect your wishes.

;D LOL... Naw dude it's okay.

I've read Dr Fielding costs around $1300 BUT, I'd like a comfirmation also if this is the approxximate price and ALSO Lista's price. (I get their prices confused sometimes because their names are always brought up here)

Your cost with Fielding... $1500  +/- a few hundred. (with prov. health care funding)
Your cost with Lista... $5000 (No health care funding)

What are the procedures IF I go to Toronto. (ie. Will the Docter have to take a look at me, ask me questions, review my past medical history, etc)

You would fill out forms on your medical history and then be checked out by the PS. Dr. Fielding is a nice guy and very easy to talk with. I have heard that Dr. Lista is much the same.

Is there a long wait to recieve the operation?

JCF: 4 months tops...
Lista: two weeks tops...

If I have the surgery there, I will have to stay there for  a while, correct?

No. You could fly home the same day dude. Always assuming there are no complications from sugery. PS's prefer post-op check ups (more money in their pockets :P), but it isn't a necessity.

John.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:01:01 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
Thanks Grandpa Bambu, your post has helped.

But another thing I'm confused.

Will this mean I will have to travel to Toronto and back to BC twice if I decide to get the operation done by Dr Fielding?

Meeting with him will take a few months, correct?
Then after, I won't be able to get the operation till ~4 months so that means I'll have to travel back to Toronto again.

Is that what I should be expecting?

EDIT: Another thing...
With Fielding, the exicision is paid by OHIP, even if I'm a BC resident right? The cost is due to the lipo, so I was wondering if I get rid of some fat (I've been excersising alot and beginning to do cardio twice a day) will the cost of Lipo reduce?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 02:41:58 PM by eim9 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Will this mean I will have to travel to Toronto and back to BC twice if I decide to get the operation done by Dr Fielding?

Yes.

Meeting with him will take a few months, correct?
Then after, I won't be able to get the operation till ~4 months so that means I'll have to travel back to Toronto again.

Is that what I should be expecting?

Yes.

With Fielding, the exicision is paid by OHIP, even if I'm a BC resident right?

JCF prolly charges BC Health for excision.

The cost is due to the lipo, so I was wondering if I get rid of some fat (I've been excersising alot and beginning to do cardio twice a day) will the cost of Lipo reduce?

It may.... but not 100% sure on that dude.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024