Author Topic: F I S H Y  (Read 4646 times)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Are you happy with Dr. Lista's job, your chest etc?  Please let us know as several are planning the surgery through him in the next month or so.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
i second that ,please tell us about your results

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
uhhhhhh, fishy?

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
He isn't that happy... Here are his last 3 posts, the last post was about 1 month ago:

I had surgery with Lista in Feb 2006, and my so-called "invisible" scars are anything but.….

I have two purple dime sized scars from the lipo. They are so bad that I still keep my shirt on (the whole summer it was on my mind).

So phewy to anyone that says you don’t have scars with Lista. At this time I don’t think it was worth the extra cost over Fielding fees!!!!
 Reply   Notify of replies

2        Local forums / Find a Surgeon in your area / Canada / Re: Dr. Lista       Apr 25th, 2006, 12:13pm
I had surgery with Lista about 3 months ago.

His staff and facilities are great, and I had absolutely no pain. His service is fantastic, but:

1) My nipples are still puffy! I now have what would feel like hard scar tissue behind the nipple, which is surprise to me, especially since I didn’t have an incision around my nipple. Lista told me to message my chest 3 times a day, and it would go away. Alas that was 8 weeks ago, and there is no change!
2) The lipo incision marks are the size of a dime, and are bright purple. I am sure they will fade, but I don’t see myself on the “beach” this summer.
3) If you don’t have problems with puffy nipples, I am sure you would be a lot happier!

Also this leads me to feel rather disappointed with the results.

Yes, my overall chest is a lot flatter, but my nipples are still terrible, and the pair of noticeable purple lipo incisions doesn’t help much either!

Would I recommend Lista to a friend? To be honest, I don’t think I would! (not that I know how things would have turned out with someone else!)

3        Local forums / Find a Surgeon in your area / Canada / Re: Where are Fishy's pictures !!!       Apr 25th, 2006, 12:08pm
Hi guys,
I haven’t taken new pictures yet. But I can tell you a few things for certain:

1)      My nipples are still puffy! I now have what would feel like hard scar tissue behind the nipple, which is surprise to me, especially since I didn’t have an incision around my nipple. Lista told me to message my chest 3 times a day, and it would go away. Alas that was 8 weeks ago, and there is no change!
2)      The lipo incision marks are the size of a dime, and are bright purple. I am sure they will fade, but I don’t see myself on the “beach” this summer.

Also this leads me to feel rather disappointed with the results.

Yes, my overall chest is a lot flatter, but my nipples are still terrible, and the pair of noticeable purple lipo incisions doesn’t help much either!

Would I recommend Lista to a friend? To be honest, I am almost 3 months out, and I don’t think I would!  
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ya his purple marks as he put it would admitedly fade away, and he was complaining 3 months post op...like most threads i've read, you have to wait at least that long for permanent results...i sure wish he'd check in!  

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
  • The second mice gets the cheese!
Hi guys,
Haven’t checked the board for a few months, sorry.

To try keep it brief:

With my shirt on: I am very happy. My clothes fit me better, and I feel good/more confident. (I must add that I have also lost 25 pounds from the time I had the op).

I still have a small amount of gland on the one side (the bad side), but I am not unhappy.

With my shirt off: well I can’t say I am comfortable taking my shirt off in public. The lipo scars are terrible. I am 8 months post op, and I don’t understand why I don’t have fine slits, but instead I have dime sized purple scars (much worse than I ever imagined)???

I intend to go back to Lista for an explanation. Maybe I will need to be re-cut??

Overall: I went to Lista and paid more to supposedly have a more discrete operation (no scars). I don’t think I have the results to support this! So knowing what I know now, would I have rather saved my money and gone to Fielding.

My answer is YES! I don’t think Lista was worth the premium!(but his staff and facilities were excellent!)

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
I must add that the puffiness has settled down, and everything else is good, except for the damn lipo scars!!!

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply fishy, and glad to see you are basically happy except for the scars...although i couldnt care LESS about scarring...i really couldnt...to get rid of this crap in my chest i cant wait...i have Dr. Lista next month.  has he given you any explanation for the purple scars???  do you have any pre and post pics you can upload?  were you muscular or overweight prior to the surgery?  thanks bud in advance.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
PeterB:

Must tell you that, if you are concern about the scar or purple lipo spot, I think that will not bother you with surgery. I am post 2 week now. And my small LIPO spot is hard to see now. It is very (very) small spot in side of the chest that will be invisible after couple of months. For Sure !!!

Why spend extra 3-4K if you can get same thing done in under $2k???
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:18:47 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Yeah, I don't get why he has dime sized scars.  I guess with that kind of Lipo he does, he has to get a bigger tool in (because he's not going in thorough the areola).  I was shocked at how tiny Fielding's incision was.  One week later it was virtually undetectable.

Thanks for checking in Fishy.  I am sure those scars will eventually fade.  Good to hear that the puffiness subsided after several months though.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes,

Mine are 2 at the side and it's totally invisible. I am only 2 week post op. Even my wife has hard time locating them now. It is just like the niddle punch when they took out the blood. That small. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:45:10 AM by tata3401 »

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hey fishy,i'm going with lista at the end of october,my concern is that does he actually remove breast tissue through the same incision as the lipo incision.i believe he has a special tool he uses,please give me any info on how affective this techniquie is for removing breast tissue  

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
thats what his video says...same hole, take out both fat and gland.  i think i read somewhere too that if the gland is too large via the hole he'd then go thru the nipple...not sure though

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hi pete,i wounder how effective it is,i think i have lots of gland towards the lower side of the chest.i will ask the doctor on my second consult if he can emove enough gland.

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
Dr Lista did remove a lot of gland through the lipo cut. I will be going back to Dr Lista to try figure out why i have such bad Lipo scars?? maybe its my skin type.

Other than the Lipo scars, things are great. So if i can get the Lipo sars sorted out, i will be very happy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024