Author Topic: Surgery scheduled with Haugrud (w/pics)  (Read 2344 times)

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
Back in May I finally worked up the courage to call this place and today was my consult. A pretty long wait especially for what needed to be said but oh well.

I'm going forward with strictly gland romoval which I don;t have to go under for, and I can get it done much much earlier than gland + lipo (I am getting this done in January where as the added lipo tacks on about 6 more months to wait). I do have some chest fat other than the gland but it is somewhat moderate, and if this doesn't satisfy me I may explore getting that part taken care of...but again not as big of a problem as the glandular. I'm overall happy with the consult, so hopefully he can get rid of the "puff" and all will be forgotten.

I've Posted some pre-op pics...well 4 months before the op but i'm also wondering what you guys think of getting strictly gland removal with my case.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/lancerxl/IMG_1874-1.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/lancerxl/IMG_1882.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/lancerxl/IMG_1880.jpg

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey there... just out of curiosity. i believe in most cases the lipo is done to make sure the contour after gland removal is smooth. isn't there a chance that your nipple will be indented if you dont have lipo to level down the area around the hole created by the removed glandular tissue ?

i might just be wrong. surely your PS has talked to you about it.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It will be interesting to see what sort of results an 'Excision only' procedure gives.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
From what i know most people on this board that went with excision only were NOT satisfied. Im pretty sure they use lipo to even out any contours that may appear after removing the gland.

However, from your pics it looks to me like you dont have any significant chest fat....just gland under the nipples making them puffy. So in your case excision only might be enough.

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
hey there... just out of curiosity. i believe in most cases the lipo is done to make sure the contour after gland removal is smooth. isn't there a chance that your nipple will be indented if you dont have lipo to level down the area around the hole created by the removed glandular tissue ?

i might just be wrong. surely your PS has talked to you about it.

Yeah, I know what your saying but what he explained to me is that he'll leave enough of the gland to remain so that when it heals it still should look contoured. He said if too much gland is cut, thats when it appears to be indented. And again, i am fortunate enough to have it not as bad as some...so i may be able to get away with not having lipo (i hope) lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024