Author Topic: No Gland removed????  (Read 2313 times)

Offline jtuner77

So I am 10 days Post Op and I have been wearing a compression vest and my chest was largely swollen and now most of th swelling has gone down except in the armpit area.

So my question being is it looks like I went from a C cup to a small small A.

1) Will the skin retract more over time???

2) The doctor did not remove glands our of either side and I am wondering if that is the reason for the A cup still being there because when I massage the nipple I can feel a somewhat hard and bulky mass under there and it seems to be very large.

3) My doctor said that he didn't recommend taking the gland out because sometimes it leaves a "divot" on the chest when the swelling goes down, yet I noticed alot of people having the gland removed.

4) So at this point do I go back and have the gland removed now or do I wait the 3-5 months and see how my chest looks then?

Please I hope there is someone on here that can give me some answers.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
you wait a few months and then go back if you're not happy. most people who don't get excision usually are unhappy and end up going back. my doc did excision but told me he'd leave a little tissue to prevent anything sinking in or inverted nips or anything like that. your doc should be able to do the same.

Offline jtuner77

So will I be doubling up on my surgery fee ??? ??? ??? DOH

Not good

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, most surgeons do revisions at either no cost or reduced cost. so i would wait a little while and then go back and say "hey, i wanted to get rid of these bad boys and they're still here, so what are you gonna' do about it?"

well, i'd be a little more diplomatic but you get my drift.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024