Author Topic: question about "indentations"  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hi. Well, I'm almost 7 weeks post op. now...on one side everything looks absolutely PERFECT. i love it! on the other side, there's this slight indentation under my left pec. i'm kinda worried because a few weeks ago (when i was about 3.5 or 4 weeks post op) i massaged that area pretty vigorously..i even used a metal massage tool...but it's cause the doctor said i had to use a lot of pressure in my massage to break up scar tissue. but now i'm worried that maybe i caused that indentation myself. but i'm not sure. it might not even be an "indentation" but scar tissue around the area, which is just giving the impression of an indentation for now.

but if it is a true indentation. do you think it's possible the body could take care of it by itself or would revision be the only way? i certainly hope i didn't damage anything with my massage..especially not at the 4 week mark. i really don't want another surgery.  if it's an indentation, is there anything the doc can do short of another operation? Thanks!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I believe that massaging does more to break up scar tissue and reduce indentions, rather than to cause them.  From what my PS told me, you can't massage too much.  He wants me to increase my massaging to try to break up some scarring that's pulling a dent below my areola.  At 4 weeks you can count on a lot of changes and improvement taking place for even the next couple of months.  You may want to talk to your PS about your concerns, though. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hi and thanks for the response...yeah, i don't think it was actually an "indentation" in the traditional sense of the word..like a concavity or something...but rather some scar tissue in the area what was simply pulling down on the skin and thus giving the appearance of an indentation. this morning i looked at it and it looks a lot better, almost completely gone. so i don't think it's anything to worry about. i'm going to the PS in 1 hour, though, and so i'll get his opinion on it.

Thanks again! :)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Glad to hear it... I hope your appointment goes well!    :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024