Author Topic: Hardly any swelling?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I had a mastectomy with nipple graft 11 days ago.  I see on this board all of the time people talking about swelling after surgery.  I'm wondering that if this is something that is more common with people that have liposuction as part of the surgery?  I had very little swelling.  In fact I my chest was pretty flat right away.  The only place that I have swelling is where the drainage tubes came out.  And it's very minor.  Anyone else experienced very little swelling?  I'm just curious.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

Very few people have a full mastectomy; that is drastic surgery and there is far more involved to it than gynecomastia reduction, so I really couldn’t help you.  What I can say is that most of us who have gland excision and lipo together tend to be flat for the first couple of weeks and then the swelling kicks in.

There may be others out there who had the same as you so maybe they will step up and offer the benefit of their experience.

All the very best of luck with your healing.  Isn’t it great to have gotten the surgery over and done with?
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, I'll get picks up when I get them from the clinic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024