Author Topic: Healing - One side bigger than the other?  (Read 2817 times)

Offline thefuture

• Posting Member
Hey guys, theres pretty much no pain, so its all good, lol. My left side feels nice under the padding and pretty flat, the right side, i can still sorta jiggle the boob.  :-\ What are signs of a hematoma? should i take the vest off and have a peek? I hope he did a good job and made them pretty much the same size....

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Who was your PS? Symtoms of a hematoma are pain, internal bleeding, and large swelling. So if you are in a lot of pain chances are there is a hematoma, but you mentioned no pain, so dont worry about that.
How long are you post-op? Shouldn't move the vest or anything for the 1st week. After a week you can take a peek. Not sure how long youre supposed to wear the vest for, i think 3 weeks?
If youre in the first 3 months of post-op and theres some swelling dont worry as its just part of the normal healing process.

Offline thefuture

• Posting Member
haha im 2 days post op, no pain really, so i guess no hematoma, i can just feel that the right side is bigger than the left. Fielding did my opp. They were pretty much the same size before the opp. so i dont believe he had to do more work on the right side. I just hope that its swelling and they will both heal the same size  :-\

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
What do you mean they were the same size before the op?
You mean as in no improvement? If youre only 2 days post op dont remove the vest, youre not supposed to do anything with it for a week.

Offline alexgon

• Posting Member
dude i have the same thing.im thinking its either swelling or b/c im right handed....are you right handed? its not flabby or anything so its prolly just muscle on my strong side.my abs stick out more on my right also lol.
if you got the same vest i did, remember the flap over laps on the right, so it makes it thicker.just wait the first week till you have a chance to see it.mine is bigger, but only if you really inspect it as i was doing.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
my experience was that you can't really tell whats under the vest until you take it off.  Before I took the pads off, I thought there was definitely too much left behind.  After I took the pads off I was shocked at how flat my chest was. 

So my advice is just relax and wait till you see the results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024