Author Topic: Adult Onset Gyne - Anyone had surgery during the growing phase?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Hi All,
Wondering if anyone has had the surgery whilst their gyne was still sore/growing.

Mine has been growing slowly for a year and is showing no signs of stopping, I also seem to be gettign flabbier aroudn the middle - thinking of going to see a surgeon to discuss.

I am 52, 180lbs, 6' 2" tall, physically fit and very p****d off with the gyne :-)

Thanks for any inputs.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
To seek surgery while the breasts are growing invites regrowth and repeat surgeries. I doubt that a surgeon skilled and experienced in male breast reduction would take you on as a patient knowing this.

The best surgeons want you to be in a stabilized condition for some time before the surgery. Opinions vary, but I think most would want you to have no change for two years.

The first things you need to deal with are: What is happening to your hormones and why. These need to be dealt with first and your hormones stabilized. In short, You need to see an Endocrinologist.

As Herbal Testosterone boosters and supliments are becomming more common, we are likely to see more cases like yours. Excess Testosterone leads to many possible problems. Among the most common are an increase in the chance of Gynecomastia and an increased incidence of prostate cancer.

Balancing your hormones is not a good Do-It-Yourself project.
Grandpa Dan

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply, if you look at my previous posts you will see that I have historically had low test and hgh normal E2 since the gyne started.

Been under an Endo for a year now and he is now happy with my hormones, never took Test or any other supplements.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In that case your Gynecomastia may simply be a symptom of your other problems. While Gynecomastia is often a symptom of hormonal disease, it would be odd for the condition to be considered a disease in itself.

I am 76 and I very much dislike the terms senile and/or elderly. Even so, there is a  condition called senile Gynecomastia that is when breast growth occurs in men past the age of 50. As we age, we gradually become more or less Estrogen dominant. By the age of 80, Most men have some degree of the condition. My wife was a Nurse working in geriatrics and she tells me that the condition is present in 80% or more of the men in nursing homes.

I guess it one of the prices of living to an old age. (Old age is another term I do not like.)

One of lifes greatest put-downs is recieving a senior discount you didn't even ask for.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024