Author Topic: Gendermarker X  (Read 562 times)

Offline Parent

As i told we went to the doctor for our son's gynecomastia, the doctor told us that there is plastic surgery for but that this not be payed by the insurance company just because it's not life threatening, and we can't pay the surgery by our self.

The doctor said also that there is a possibility to change his gender marker from M into X what means by law gender unrecognised and that together with this we can change his first name into an gender neutral name.
The doctor say, with this our son's life would be better if he stay's living with his breasts and not have plastic surgery to remove them.
This is for free with no costs, and the doctor will make and sign papers for this.
Now we're talking serious about this.

Are here more who have done this and can advice us from out experiance?

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Absolutely a great idea!

In my case my parents decided to leave things alone when I was born. I have obvious inadequacies in the men's department. In many cases this condition was corrected at birth by surgery. 

I was coached into "be a man", and "don't be a sissy" clear up until puberty. Puberty brought "breasts and curves", still my parents fought it. 

I regretfully lived most of my adult life living a life that was not mine and resenting my parents decision. They could have opted for other options but they chose not to. 

Not to say surgery would have been the best choice for all children born intersex like me, but in my case it was. 
Later testing (ultrasound) confirmed I have a uterus and fallopian tubes.
That being said, the choice should have been mine to make and not my parents. 
Opting out of surgery shouldn't have happened, rather postponed until I could make that decision myself. 

The doctor is offering just that. Leaving the choice to your child to make later in life based off of what they see. No sense trying to squeeze everyone into one of two boxes if God made them something different. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

usetobeed

I don't think your question is serious, but I will give you an answer anyway.

Your son is old enough to figure this out for himself. A 40A chest does not suddenly make a boy want to be a girl.

I was born a male. I was raised a male. My entire life experience is that of a male. Gynecomastia may alter my chest, but not my identity. And at 200 lbs., six feet tall and a scruffy beard, I would make the ugliest girl you would ever want to see. I also like making love to a woman as a man. There is no way I would want to change gender.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Your son is old enough to figure this out for himself. A 40A chest does not suddenly make a boy want to be a girl.
Quite right! I forgot the child is 17 years old. Plenty old enough to decide for himself regarding this matter. 

p.r.1974

Surgery is a huge step to make so young, and so is altering the gender markers on legal documents. It is not a simple process to alter documents where I am at. One needs to be very sure this is the path they wish to lead with all the futures that will follow. That being said, a lot of context and information is not known for me to advise otherwise.

I know some people that have known since they were very young that that their bodies do not match the assignment given at birth. I also know many that had questions that were resolved over time. And it is true that some teens assigned male at birth develop breasts that fade away.

So, I would be cautious, and perhaps let your child talk to someone more well versed before altering the marker.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
At 17, this gynecomastia could (and often does) resolve itself as the young man's body hormonally matures.  Various online references explain this (e.g., the Mayo Clinic).  If, however, the condition persists or increases then consider other options.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024