Author Topic: pls rate the surgeons in Bangalore  (Read 10272 times)

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
I have heard of the following surgeons in bangalore so far:
Susheel cleatus from Wockchardt hospital
Anantheeshwar from Manipal hospital
K Anand from Mallya hospital
Surindher from bangalore hospital (www.cosmesisindia.com)
Jayshree (http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/liposuction.htm)

pls add any other surgeons you would know in blr to this list..

I request ppl who have got it operated in blr or have met any of these surgeons to provide their inputs..

If you feel somebody is better than another, pls mention the reasons also..

Thanks,
Tony.

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
I went to 3 of them..... Dr. Surindher DSA of Bangalore hospital. I was about to go under him, when something told me NO. He knew his job but didnt talk much about the procedure, drains nor any previous testimonials.

Went to susheel cleatus....Smart guy knowz his work well..Big bill charger... and slightly proud.  Again it wasnt so encouraging cuz I dont have monies to throw away.

Dr. Anantheshwar... I fell in love (oops) with his professionalism, humility and  respect. had a fair background of him from my college mate who lost his beautiful face after pulsar accident in 2004 He fixed his face for him....I cudnt make out it was damaged or fixed .Such a neat job he had done on his face..Even though it took 6 months to see my friend back at college.

So finally I went and did it at Manipal under Dr. Anatheshwar. I was suprised at the low rates at manipal. i was thinking how come so cheap?

But Im very very happy with the results.

Pls note: These are purely my personal opinions. They cannot be taken as 100% correct. Maybe Dr.  Susheel was in mood of showing of his qualifications to justify his high price. I dont know. Big deal...Gynecomastia surgery is soo simple .I dunno for what you need all those papers in your Biodata.

Its purely my views alone. Its also unethical to rate doctors as we are not experts in the rating parameters.  Some doctors maybe experts in some and not all areas of plastic surgeries. 

But TONY you got assurance that atleast 2 BAKRAS (Me and Hungry tides)  were made "Halaal" under Anantheshwars knife and both are fully satisfied till now with the  surgery.. ;D

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 09:07:16 AM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
hi there
i second the view of bloregynacomastia that rating doctors is unethical and not in our capabilities, what can be done is guys dropping in their experiences with surgeons, costs, and other information.

As for me, i was almost ready with Dr Bimal Mody, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai. I wanted to go for him bcoz i wanted to be home, but truth be told i didnt like him from the first time i went for a consult in Jan, then a phone call happened, i had some questions (you know how worried we cud get when we think of surgery)- didnt like his response and dropped the plans. I dont want to spoil any ones image, Hinduja Hospital is one of the best in India, and Dr Bimal i very famous from what i hear.

As for Dr Anantheshwar, I heard of him on these boards by bloregynacomastia liked the way he described Doc, and went for a consult, found him good, didnt think much and booked surgery

In Bangalore i met the following:
Dr Susheel Cleatus - He is very good, and costlier, I would have gone for him but he was on leave
Dr Anand, Mallaya - dunno much abt him- and wont comment

hope this was a satisfactory answer

Cheers
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Thanks guys, it was reallyy very valuable and useful info...
looking for more inputs from guys who got gyne operated in bangalore...
-TOny.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
looks like only few guys (with gyne problem) are aware of this site.. didn't see any new replies.. >:(

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
I have heard of the following surgeons in bangalore so far:
Susheel cleatus from Wockchardt hospital
Anantheeshwar from Manipal hospital
K Anand from Mallya hospital
Surindher from bangalore hospital (www.cosmesisindia.com)
Jayshree (http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/liposuction.htm)

pls add any other surgeons you would know in blr to this list..

One more addition to the list - Dr.Vijay Joseph of st.johns.
I tried to consult him last week, but he was on leave. I will try my luck again this week.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:18:23 PM by problem man »

Offline am

• Posting Member
Hi,

I consulted only one doctor and got the surgery done by him. He is Dr. Vijay Joseph at St. John's Medical College Hospital in Kormangla, Bangalore.

I got my surgery done on 3rd July...was admitted from 2nd July to 9th July...i could have come back earlier but did not want to come back with the drains...

I would recommend him for the following reasons:

As a person, Dr. Vijay Joseph is very nice and will answer all your questions. I would ask him the stupidest of questions and he would patiently answer them. More than that, he would explain everything in detail. He would not brush you aside as if you are an ignorant fool. He treated me with utmost respect, something that I liked very much. Once, when he came to visit me in the ward, I told him that the flush of the toilet is not working. He himself went inside, checked it and then got it fixed!! Did not expect so much from a Professor in a medical college.

Secondly, the staff of the Plastic Surgery ward is very helpful and cooperative. I had an attendant only on the day of the surgery (they need another person to sign your form otherwise they dont operate on you) but for the rest of the 6 days I was all alone. They took complete care of me. The hospital food was very good and the general hygine was good too.

The only problem was in admission on the first day and billing on the last day. Admission took almost 3 hours (reached the hospital at 6PM and got the bed around 9PM) and billing took 6 hours (the doctor said that I could be discharged at 10AM but got the copy of the final bill only at 4PM)!! These things are inevitable since its a large hospital. Infact, they will warn you in advance that it'll take so long so that you'd be prepared for it.

These are my inputs. As regards the surgery and post-op recovery, I feel fit enough to do light gym exercise right now. Running/jogging is painful and so are the auto-rickshaw rides. I think that it'll improve in the coming weeks.

The chest looks better than before-it definitely looks smaller than before. The doctor said that I'll see complete results only after 2 months. So, I would not comment on that.

Feel free to email/message me for more details...

Hope all this helps,
am

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
congrats am (am as in am pm  ;D  )  welcome to the other side. Have a great recovery. Ask ur doc before going for even light exercises
You missed Compression vest in ur post, Tell us abt that, Also if you post hormone results, it will be good for guys visiting.

Was it a gland excision? or just lipo?
If you can also post cost of surgery its going to be beneficial.

have a great n swift recovery, dont forget to upload pics, it going to help you see the change across time

cheers

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
thanks a lot am..
it was great to see ppl from asia (especially banglaore) to post msgs in this forum.. we are all waiting to see your pre/post operative pics..
Wish u all the best for your recovery..
-Tony.

Offline am

• Posting Member
hi...

yes, i'm wearing the compression vest all the time...bought it from a company called norma garments...had to buy three vests since it takes around 36 hours to dry...

dont remember the hormone test results now...havent taken any pre-op or post-op pics...so cant post that either...

it was gland excision...there was no lipo since the doctor didnt see a need for that...

all the best to all the guys who plan to get this surgery done in the future...

i think that it was a good idea that i got it done...the main reason was that running was painful before the surgery with things in your chest moving all the time...it was embarrassing as well as uncomfortable...this is one of the main reasons why i went for this surgery...have gone for jogging a couple of times in the last few days and its been great...the doctor said that i can do  any exercise as long as i dont feel any pain...so basically the idea is to take it easy...

the other reason for going for this surgery was to be able to swim comfortably...but i think that it'll take some time before i go for that...the doc said that the chest will get smoothened in around 4 months time...after that i can see the full results of the surgery...

so maybe next summer i can learn swimming...my all time dream :-)

regards,
am

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
am,
did u buy a baniyan type compression vest? how long u were told to wear that? could u give me teh contact details of norma garments?
happy recovery:)..
thanksa  lot,
Tony.

Offline free_soul

@bloregynacomastia, hungry.tides and am, please answer the following for me as i am considering surgery
1)Can the gyno be solved by liposuction alone?
If so would the doctor tell you this at the time of consulation?
If this is the case, then i would consider going for the laser lypolysis as no drainage measures are required for that..

2) IS there a way to know like what proportion of fat/gland is behind ones gyno? Do they do some kind of scanning to analyse that

3)Have you guys undergone intense exercise regime as an alternative to surgery before going for it? Do you think it will help

4)After surgery.. would it possible to hide the surgery from our office colleagues?

please answer these questions..I am in great despair now

Offline maddy

• Posting Member
NEVER EVER GO TO DR VENKATESH cosmeticsurgerybangaloreindia.com/Gynecomastia
he is a big thug in Dr cloths... he fooled me and just did liposuction and after 3 days of surgery when he removed the cover i found that he did not cut my aerola i asked him did u removed my glands he said yes through small incision which he did for liposuction :( :(
he is biggest liar

Offline nand100

I had a surgery a month back and he did tell me that he will surgically remove the glands but he did not do as said. I am not sure if the glands are removed by liposuction . Right now i still have a swelling on my left chest , which looks 1cm bigger than the right.

As you said , in the operation theater he mentioned that glands where removed from the liposuction alone. I have not got a great result so far , neither its completely flat.

I am still waiting for the end result . I am  going to have complete review on gynecomastia after few more weeks. About the condition and how it looks.

Offline Frustrated Patient

• Posting Member
I did a big mistake of approaching Dr M S Venkatesh for a surgery. 

Please find my feedback below and request you all to dont repeat the same

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31322.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024