Author Topic: Tumescent Liposuction @ Venkat Charmalaya, Bangalore.  (Read 21303 times)

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi!

I am an obese person having gynecomastia, due to which i am avert hanging out in gym and jogging, worried about people's perception for having man boobs..  :'(.. This is the only factor that stops me from working out.. I have tried dieting + exercise at home for a long time to lose weight, but miserably failed.

I went for a consultation at Venkat Charmalaya  (http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/).

Surgeon: Dr. Jayashree (http://www.liposuction.com/lipo-directory/index.php?c=view&e=00561) - She underwent training from Dr. Jeffrey Klein, who invented "Tumescent Liposuction".

She says that only 60% of fibrous tissue + Fat could be removed in my case. She suggested the following tests before the surgery:

> Complete blood count
> Prothrombin time
> RBS
> LFT
> HIV
> Hepatitis Ag
> ECG
> TFT

She also asked me to undergo "Ultrasound test" to determine how much of fat and gland could be safely removed.

I have done enough research on the internet about tumescent technique and found that it is the best liposuction method.

I will undergo all these tests on 15th June and meet her on 16th June with the test results.

She quotes Rs. 40,000 for the surgery (including fat removal from sides of chest + gland excision), otherwise it is Rs. 35k for normal gynecomastia surgery.

My Pre-Op pics

Venkat Charmalaya
#3437, 1st G cross,
7th main, Next to BTS Garage,
Subbanna garden
Vijayanagar
Bangalore-560040
Tel 91-80-2339 2788 / 2339 2416     
Mob - 99005 64567
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:16:23 PM by kgr »
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline toomanyrows

You might wanna ask her how experienced she is. Tell her to show you some pre-op and post-op pics. That should give u enough confidence to go with the procedure. And the quoteed price seems alriight to me.

How soon is the operation scheduled?

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Hi,

She seems to be very experienced (almost 19 years), since she is also doing extensive research on tumescent liposuction methods. I will certainly ask her to show me a few photos of her patients. The website i mentioned does contain a few pictures(http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/index.htm), so i did not bother to ask her that.

Look at this: http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/more.htm

Dr Jayashree venkataram was a guest speaker at IMCAS Asia, at Bangkok( International masters course on ageing skin, where she spoke on Tumescent liposuction, Indian experience.

DR Jayashree is on the faculty of World congress of Dermatology Argentina in October 2007

DR Jayashree is on the guest faculty of World congress of Liposuction, Dubai in October 2007

Dr Jayashree Venkataram has contributed chapter in the book Step by Step dermatosurgery.

I will surely write here as and when i make progress..

Looking for your kind support!!

:)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:26:50 PM by kgr »

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
I consulted Dr. Jayashree again today with my test results. She says everything is OK and we could proceed with the gynecomastia surgery, and about 70% of fat + gland suction is possible... Yay! ;D

She says the rest of it would also diminish as and when i lose weight. The scars would fade away in 3-4 months, and leaves a very minimal after-marks, which would be much minimal when compared to regular liposuction. The reason being the use of microcannula, which has the least invasive procedure.

She has performed more than 100 gynecomastia surgeries through tumescent liposuction technique in the past 4-5 years!!! She might be Bangalore's most experienced gynecomastia surgeon.

The ultrasound scan confirmed that there is no lump/tumor present in my chest.

I'm planning to undergo surgery on July 2nd week.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:22:24 AM by kgr »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on setting a date for surgery...  ;)

Never give up on trying to get fit and loosing some weight. If you don't succeed the first time, try again. Keep trying until you achieve results.... Perseverance my man!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dreamzunlimited

Guys,

I got my surgery done on sat , 14th june in Manipal Hospital (Dr. Anantheswar, Plastic Surgeon) . It was a fat removal (liposuction surgery). Doctor didnt go for the removal of gland as he told that they were very small and there was no need to go for its removal. the whole suregery and the 4 days stay in manipal hospital costed me INR 24675. So guys just think over and take a wise decision...

Dr. Anantheswar is a world renowned plastic and reconstructive surgery surgeon.

Cheers!!!
Dreamzunlimited

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Guys,

I got my surgery done on sat , 14th june in Manipal Hospital (Dr. Anantheswar, Plastic Surgeon) . It was a fat removal (liposuction surgery). Doctor didnt go for the removal of gland as he told that they were very small and there was no need to go for its removal. the whole suregery and the 4 days stay in manipal hospital costed me INR 24675. So guys just think over and take a wise decision...

Dr. Anantheswar is a world renowned plastic and reconstructive surgery surgeon.

Cheers!!!
Dreamzunlimited

Oh, that sounds pretty inexpensive!! Was that tumescent liposuction? Could you possible send me his phone number?

Congrats on setting a date for surgery...  ;)

Never give up on trying to get fit and loosing some weight. If you don't succeed the first time, try again. Keep trying until you achieve results.... Perseverance my man!

GB

Sure Grandpa Bambu... This will be the first step i take towards my weightloss and wellbeing.

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
Hello Guys,

Im back after a loooooooooooong time. I was the first guy who underwent a documented surgery with Dr. Anantheshwar  back in  June 2007.

Yes regarding the costs of Manipal. Very very reasonable. i also paid 24K only for general ward with overnight stay. The Result....  130% satisfaction. It was true when he said the final shape of your chest will be seen in 1 year. Extremely flat chest No scars no weird looking nipples. Such a lovely result that I never imagined I could ever get before my surgery.

You can read his thread that specially dedicated to Dr. Anantheswar in this section alone. You'll find every detail under the sun your looking for abt him , dept and manipal hospital.

My trust in Manipal Plastic surgery dept is immense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024