Author Topic: Type of surgery where they cut the areola down to size?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Methodman

• Posting Member
I was just wondering if anyone has had this type of surgery?  This is what my doctor said is most likely going to happen because I have loose skin on my chest from weightloss.  I was just curious does anyone have pictures of this? how well does a scar from this heal? any information provided about this situation may really put my at ease about my upcoming surgery.

DrBermant

I was just wondering if anyone has had this type of surgery?  This is what my doctor said is most likely going to happen because I have loose skin on my chest from weightloss.  I was just curious does anyone have pictures of this? how well does a scar from this heal? any information provided about this situation may really put my at ease about my upcoming surgery.

Your doctor should be able to show typical pictures before and after such surgery.  Each doctor has his / her own skills and techniques.  I have seen disasters from doctors trying to perform Male Large Areola Reduction Surgery with inadequate experience.

Yes, you can find such pictures in the links I posted to your prior question:

I'm 17 years old about to be 18 going off to college next fall
When I was 14-15 I weighed in at 307 lbs, but now I am down to 185
I got into really good shape playing sports, but most of that looks offset because of the loose skin problems I have
I went to the plastic surgeon and I knew I was going to get a Tummy Tuck and Gyne surgery done (I have legitimate gyne as well as loose skin on chest)
Im going into surgery for the TUMMY TUCK only on December 19, the doc said he didn't want to keep me under anesthesia for the 4-5 hours it would take to do both at the same time, as depressed as I am about that it gives me time to consider choices.
Because of my chest and the loose skin, the surgeon told me that I would probably have to have a sort of upper body tuck, or an incision above each chest as WELL as the gyne surgery to get rid of it.
So would you guys do it? do you think 2 maybe 3-4 inch scars around the collar bone can be explainable by something besides this surgery? I'm really at a loss, its like be scarred up for life possibly to the point I wont want to take my shirt off anyway, or do I get it, and at least look normal with clothes on?

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with the gynecomastia and lift drooping chest tissues.  For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

My chest lift patients use their stomach and lower body to help get around.  My lower body lift patients use their upper body to help mobilize.  Performing both at the same time means much more discomfort and less mobility.  I prefer to perform my lower body contouring first permitting tissues to adjust, and then doing the chest lift.  Lifted chest tissues can be pulled down if the lower surgery is done second.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024