Author Topic: Surgery in Bangalore  (Read 3803 times)

Offline HUBFY

Hello Friends,

Need some help from you all.

I have been reading the archives for a while and have made the decision to get operated in bangalore.

But my problem is I am working in NY and I am not able to get a long leave (max 2 weeks in which I have to get my visa stamped also) , and my home in India is in mumbai.

So I wanted to understand the whole process and how many visits do I have to make to the doctor before the surgery and what would be the time duration required to from the start (first consultation) to the end (the surgery day) Ideally if the consultation happens on day1 and surgery on day2 then it would be really great as then I can allow 3 to 4 days more for recovery and then leave back to the US. Is this possible.

I have sent a similar query to bloregynecomastia as he seems to be local to bangalore, but would appreciate all your response regarding the timeframe and if its possible how do I coordinate this with the doctor.

Sorry if I sound confused, to put my problem in other words, I have 2 weeks max in hand, during which I have to get operated and also get my visa stamping done and go back, so I need to have consultation with the doctor on day1 and get operated day2 or else I wont be able to make it.

So to coordinate with the doctors I wanted atleast the email id or direct phone numbers of these doctors.

1) Dr.Deepak from Apollo
2) Dr.Ananteshwar from Manipal

Appreciate your time and response.

Offline Paraman

• Posting Member
HI before surgery you need to have a consultation with the doctor and he will assess your gynecomastia and explain about the surgery process. But before the surgery the doctor asks you to do some medical tests which will take 1 day and the results of the tests would be available to you the following day. With the reports in your hand, you again have to visit the doctor to get the results checked by him.

Then you need to have a date scheduled for the operation, The doctor asks you for a suitable date but remember if the doctor is busy with other endeavours you may not get the date you want. But you can explain your situation to the doctor.
The surgery is usually day care and you will be discharged from the hospital the same day. 3 days post operation you need to visit the doctor to remove the dressing and he  replaces it with a new one. 1 week post op the doctor asks you wear a gynecomastia belt for a month.

I think most probably you will have to visit the doctor atleast 3 times post op
Surgery done by Dr.Murugesan, Apollo hospitals, Chennai

Liposuction + Excision

Still Recovering

Offline HUBFY

Hello Paramam,

Appreciate your reply and fully agree with the point of view presented by you.

Only if I was staying in India, I would not have had any problem with the typical process, but to put forth my case to the doctors and find a viable way, I need to atleast communicate with them in advance, for which I would need their phone numbers or email id.

I did not find any doctors from mumbai area on the forums as tried before. So I am looking at other cities like blore or chennai.

If you or anyone know the email or phone numbers please reply back that would be very helpful.

How did you surgery go, the stitches were removed after how many days of the surgery, am asking this as I cannot come back here with the stitches as no doctor would touch me with something operated outside the country.
If you are happy with your results and experience, know your doctor well, I would be happy to coordinate and present the case to him as well.

As I dont have any specific mindset about any one doctor, any doctor who has helped people with good results on this forum and can help me with my specific time problem would be a good choice for me.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Offline Paraman

• Posting Member
Hi The stitches will be removed the 6'th day.

I had my surgery with DR.Murugesan, he is a senior consultant in Apollo Hospitals chennai and yes I am happy with my results

His website is www.drmurugesan.in

You get all contact details like email,phone no in that website

There is another senior consultant from the same apollo hospitals chennai and Some people from this forum have also had their surgeries done by him. He is DR. Ramachandran. Just search for his name in this forum and you can get more details.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:28:25 AM by Paraman »

Offline blrgyn

• Posting Member
HI,
Above all .. i faced one major problem.. getting the dates with the doctor.
Assume that u have everything in place then this is the possible time frame
1st day   -Consultantion,
2nd day -blood tests
3rd day -  Surgery
one week complete rest
10th day.. ur stiches will be removed. still you will be able to move much
But u can travel to US. so plan ur travel accordingly.

Offline jngyne

• Posting Member
hey i m currently studying in the US and I had my surgery done abt 2 weeks back in Chennai..posted my experience..
U need to be in India for atleast 10-12 days..12 would be safe...
Surgery done on April 29th, 2009
Dr. Ramachandran- Apollo Chennai
My case: puffy nipples
Procedure: Lipo, excision with gland removal
Surgery experience
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17446.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024