Author Topic: whats in your tap water  (Read 5312 times)

Offline ganjaman

• Posting Member

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
I told my endo this before, that when i drink tap water the glands itch - no lie.

Offline ganjaman

• Posting Member
what state are you in kindherb? see if you have atrazine in your water

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Does anyone know if there is still a high estrogen content  in filtered tap water ( as opposed to drinking bottled water)?

Or does drinking tap water that has been filtered  remove/filter the estrogens too , along with whatever else gets filtered out of the tap water?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 02:26:42 AM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
Yea i want to kno that too, i drink bottled water all the time... does bottled water have any estrogens in it?

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
what state are you in kindherb? see if you have atrazine in your water

Yup atrazine is in the water.

It says limit value is 0.15 ppb

"Health effects from exposure to Atrazine include: Cancer, Endocrine Toxicity, Immunotoxicity, Gastrointestinal or Liver Toxicity, Neurotoxicity, Reproductive Toxicity, and Skin Sensitivity"

Now a question for everyone... Does this only apply to DRINKING the water, or does this do anything to you when it hits your skin like taking showers, etc?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Does anyone know where I can buy a tinfoil hat? Someone here must know ;D

seriously , I don't mean to offend anyone, but speaking as someone who gets their water from the Thames Estuary ( London) (most probably the person most at risk here ;D) , if water had effects like this then my di*k would have dropped off now and I would have four arms and legs and be a bright green colour....

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Oh right, im sorry. So just because that is your opinion then its got to be right then. Exactly what is absurd about the fact that water is treated with all forms of agents, that its highly likely that oestrogen is passed on through the fact that at any time water is more then likely have been passed through at least 7 people. Are you trying to tell me this cant be a factor that MAYBE so many people having gyne these days. Now im pretty sure, in fact positive gyne wasnt so widely spread say 100 years ago then it is today. What next, is it some great conspiracy theory that even produce like fruit which im sure even you must admit (yes even without the aid of a tinfoil hat) is treated with pesticides and they have been proven to cause cell damage (DDT anyone). Yes we all know there's certain factors that cause gyne, from genetics to hypogonadism, hereditary to certain illnesses. That doesnt mean the story ends there and that we've all sussed why gyne happens. Im no conspiracy theorist but at least im open to alternative thinking. Hey its called free thought, not being told what to believe and not even questioning why and how. Dont try to make others feel dumb with your own narrow mindedness. I guess its time for you to go catch the latest on CNN, oh and dont forget your Kool-Aid now. Tata  :-*

I didn't say I was right, just disagreed with you. You obviously think you are right though...Oh if I was a yank it would be fox news all the way. You seem to have lost some of your toys that you chucked from your pram too ;D

Now back to the subject at hand.Water causing breasts on men. Firstly how can you prove for certain that gynecomastia is on the rise on men.?Wheres your study from the WHO? or the Department of health or it's american equivilent? . Because until you show me that I am going to take the urine when I am drunk.

The term gynecomastia itself is quite relative , is it actually female like breasts on a man?, Is it just puffy nips? , is it just abormally large nipples?Some men have female like breasts that are composed entirely of fat do they count too?

Even if you can cite a study from plastic surgeons or GP's stating that more men are seeking consultations for gyno that proves nothing. In todays image concious society Iam not surprised. Plastic surgery in men has gone up in many areas not  just gyno. It would be in fact very difficult to prove rates of gyno had gone up. In the old days men never went near their doctors unless they were dying or they didn't even have access to doctors.

Lets entertain for a moment you are right, not only could tap water cause gyno but now you are also saying bottled water as well???.So I think the suggestion is either not to drink and die or set up your own water treatment plant in your back garden? Rather impractical I think.  

I would also like to add this , what I do see in my area is a rise of big over weight fat knacker civvy barstewards. I think it is the same situation in the states. The fact is we are taking less exercise in general and consuming more, many are also eating very unhealthy foods. Obesity or even being overweight does increase oestrogen lvls and pehaps could cause some men to put more tissue on their chest. That would account for some men walking around with big flabby chests.(I  know that does not apply to many  here but could account for more men I see anyway with more of a chest than they should have)

The gent above quoted the independent (uk independent I presume)That is the british media who told us many elderly people were going to die from gas shortage to heat homes and the last winter was going to be a killer. Caused panic buying in stores. They also stirred up mass hysteria about sars and also are now saying the plague {bird flu) is among us and it will kill many people. How many have died world wide ? 90? .So pardon me if Iam still sceptical.  And it doesn't state anywhere that hormones in the water are causing a rise in gyno.Just that animals are being feminised by long periods of exposure in water. Not humans. Rense.com seems to like the idea of me putting on a tinfoil hat as well...

As I said show me a reputable study and I will entertain the notiion that hitlery Clinton is trying to feminise the entire male population of the western world so to precipitate a feminist takeover of the western world. And I too will put on my tinfoil hat.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:55:09 PM by Worrier »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

I didn't say I was right, just disagreed with you. You obviously think you are right though...Oh if I was a yank it would be fox news all the way. You seem to have lost some of your toys that you chucked from your pram too ;D

Now back to the subject at hand.Water causing breasts on men. Firstly how can you prove for certain that gynecomastia is on the rise on men.?Wheres your study from the WHO? or the Department of health or it's american equivilent? . Because until you show me that I am going to take the urine when I am drunk.

The term gynecomastia itself is quite relative , is it actually female like breasts on a man?, Is it just puffy nips? , is it just abormally large nipples?Some men have female like breasts that are composed entirely of fat do they count too?

Even if you can cite a study from plastic surgeons or GP's stating that more men are seeking consultations for gyno that proves nothing. In todays image concious society Iam not surprised. Plastic surgery in men has gone up in many areas not  just gyno. It would be in fact very difficult to prove rates of gyno had gone up. In the old days men never went near their doctors unless they were dying or they didn't even have access to doctors.

Lets entertain for a moment you are right, not only could tap water cause gyno but now you are also saying bottled water as well???.So I think the suggestion is either not to drink and die or set up your own water treatment plant in your back garden? Rather impractical I think.  

I would also like to add this , what I do see in my area is a rise of big over weight fat knacker civvy barstewards. I think it is the same situation in the states. The fact is we are taking less exercise in general and consuming more, many are also eating very unhealthy foods. Obesity or even being overweight does increase oestrogen lvls and pehaps could cause some men to put more tissue on their chest. That would account for some men walking around with big flabby chests.(I  know that does not apply to many  here but could account for more men I see anyway with more of a chest than they should have)

The gent above quoted the independent (uk independent I presume)That is the british media who told us many elderly people were going to die from gas shortage to heat homes and the last winter was going to be a killer. Caused panic buying in stores. They also stirred up mass hysteria about sars and also are now saying the plague {bird flu) is among us and it will kill many people. How many have died world wide ? 90? .So pardon me if Iam still sceptical.  And it doesn't state anywhere that hormones in the water are causing a rise in gyno.Just that animals are being feminised by long periods of exposure in water. Not humans. Rense.com seems to like the idea of me putting on a tinfoil hat as well...

As I said show me a reputable study and I will entertain the notiion that hitlery Clinton is trying to feminise the entire male population of the western world so to precipitate a feminist takeover of the western world. And I too will put on my tinfoil hat.

hahahahahahahaha lol

get em tiger

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think this board has become quite neurotic and paranoid about the possible causes and potential fixes  of gynecomastia in recent times (I understand why, but it doesn't make it right).

Although you may be a little tough in the language like I have been guilty of in recent times, your logic is most welcome- at least by me.

I like the robustness of your position- the fact that you are actually requesting substantiated evidence.

Another issue I have with the site has been the torrent of subjective threads that claim either Andractim does not work (because it hasn't for them) or does work (because it has for them).

The fact is Andractim works in a percentage of cases and is neither a golden bullet nor snake oil.

But people often forego things like evidence and statistical facts/controlled placebo based trials etc..almost all of those self medicating Andractim have not even had endocrine testing to see if their hormonal situation warrants its use.

Back to the main point....very good post.

Given there are many proven medical problems that absolutely have been proven to cause gynecomastia, it would seem sensible to me to stay/keep focused on the likely/real culprets rather than going off on highly unlikely tangents.

If my house burns down I have the firebrigade check to see if it was a household fire or if it was arson.  I do not turn to the skys and ask first if it was the will of god or if it was spontaneous combustion.

If lots of things go missing from my house I call the police and investigate as a burglary, at the same time I may ask people in the neighborhood if they saw anything etc.....I do not presume that a stray dog has been in the house and lifted each item one by one in its mouth...but I guess that is possible..

P.S

This is MY honest opinion; I hold this opinion in the way anyone holds an opinion as an individual’s prerogative.  Other people are entitled to disagree and hold a differing opinion…..so no one should feel offended by what I have said.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:41:38 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Rjgmh

I myself think that the tap water is not the problem. I am lucky here we have ground water. one of the best drinking water in the whole of europa. The problem is more the eating. the meat of today is from the farming industry. and they feed the animals all kinds of bad hormones they are to blame if you ask me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024