Author Topic: 3 Days Post Op... No Pics Yet  (Read 3908 times)

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
I had it on Friday. It has been absolute agony.  I will shower for the first time by tomorrow, and I'll have pics up.  I certainly hope it was worth it.

My orginal post is here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15242.0

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi-- update

I have pics, but I have yet to upload. It has been a week now.  Tomorrow is my first follow up.

My pain has subsided substantially, but I still need a lesser dose of pain killers.  My bruising is moderate: there are some blothes. My whole trunk is numb, which makes is difficult to change/shower. I am just not used to it and have trouble dealing with the lack of sensation.  Currently, I am wearing the compression garment 24/7 which IS uncomfortable. I wear an "Underarmour" type shirt underneath. Otherwise is will dig into your skin. 

The doctor is a firm believer that gland removal is the only way to "cure" gyne.  When I came out of surgery, I found out that I had no drains and that excision under the nipples was not performed.  The doctor had achieved gland removal via his liposuction.  I was surprised, and tomorrow I'll know the details.  He did always say that once he goes in and sees whats there, he determines if excision is required.

My chest is shaped exactly how I had envisioned--and that is with significant swelling/fluid present. I'm excited! 

I promise I 'll have pics up soon.

Offline booty_frijoles

• Posting Member
Hey man, didn't you say before you were having your OP with Dr. Jeffords in Atlanta?

Congrats on the surgery, glad everything went well!

Just wondering how Dr. Jeffords was cuz he's the one I will most likely be going with...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024