Author Topic: For Anyone who had Dr. Jacobs  (Read 2271 times)

Offline clownsarepeople2

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the boards and just wanna say that this is a great place.  Went to a PS on Long Island today and he said I have gynecomastia (mostly glandular tissue).  No surprise being that I've had it for since I was 13-14, I was not in a state of shock.  'm 5-10, 185lbs, but even when I was 150lbs, it was quite evident that there was some sort of tissue in my chest.  After looking up doctors, I notice that Dr. Jacobs is a main man when it comes to this type of surgery.  I was wondering if anyone who has had surgery with him knows how difficult it is to get an appointment, and approximately how long does it take to schedule the surgery after the consultation.  I start medical school in the fall and will really have no time after that to get it for a long time.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
I just had surgery with Dr Jacobs 2 weeks ago.  In October, I scheduled my initial consultation about a week in advance.  After debating for a few weeks, I scheduled my surgery about 6 weeks in advance.  I probably could have scheduled earlier, but I was looking for a specific date. 

If you get the ball rolling on this you could probably have your surgery in the next couple of months no problem.

Offline clownsarepeople2

Thanks emjay...just another quick question if you don't mind...how much is the whole procedure and the consultation and whatnot...my mom is all for it...but my dad is another story...i really wanna nip this in the butt while i still have free time...

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
Consultation was $150

I think the fee can vary depending on the case...you should probably expect something in the $6-7k neighborhood.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024