Author Topic: tape over puffy nipples gone bad  (Read 4158 times)

Offline lochsin

"I have seen horrible scars and pigmentation from damage to the skin from tape.  Sometimes the scars and pigmentation fade, for others the deformity is permanent.  Tape is a dangerous technique and not recommended.  Chest Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia are much safer and work better."

This is true and i am scared, i have it, is there a way to get rid of these dark pigmentation fade? plzzzz somoneee help this for me looks worse than my puffy nips.

DrBermant

"I have seen horrible scars and pigmentation from damage to the skin from tape.  Sometimes the scars and pigmentation fade, for others the deformity is permanent.  Tape is a dangerous technique and not recommended.  Chest Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia are much safer and work better."

This is true and i am scared, i have it, is there a way to get rid of these dark pigmentation fade? plzzzz somoneee help this for me looks worse than my puffy nips.

Patience is one option. Such pigmentation may or may be permanent and not fade. Depending on what I find during an evaluation I may recommend for my patient Scar Care and or Second Stage Compression Vest. The compression garment helps with scars. Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure. The compression also acts as a Body Shaping Garment which contours without the tape issue.  I have seen such issues resolve over time and others that remained an issue.

Prevention is much better. I have not seen any decent other alternatives for the bizarre pigmentation shapes and scars taping has created.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Pigmentary changes after using tape (technically called post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation) is best treated by time or occasionally with a bleaching cream, such as Tri-Luma.  Ask your dermatologist or plastic surgeon if you are a candidate to use it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Could you please post a few pics of your pigmentation...

Tnx...

GB....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024