Author Topic: Do I have mild gyno  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Grand Dan

Hi everyone

Something that's really been bothering me lately is I'm not sure if I have gyno. I remember when I was around 16 visiting the doctor and he said don't worry about it. Now in my 20s I'm not sure if it has gotten worse. Or maybe it's all in my head. Either way I'd really appreciate your options on the matter. Im really into fitness and lifting weights so something like this does bother me. Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
99.9% of people would say advise you that there is nothing wrong.

However, I see what you see -- a slight elevation of the areola only.  This is most likely due to a very small amount of breast tissue directly beneath the areola.  This is benign and will not pose a threat to your health or your life.

You basically have two choices:  live with it or, if you want to get rid of it, then consult with a gyne expert in your area.  Even though it may be small and appear simple to remove it, surgery for this problem can be tricky.  

Your choice.

Hope this helps.

Dr Jacobs 
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grand Dan

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know surgery for this would be more difficult I assumed it would be simple based on the size. Is more scarring likely or does it just mean I will have to find a highly experienced/ very expensive surgeon. Is this issue likely to increase the cost of surgery?

As I have a small amount of over developed breast tissue does this mean that more I am more likely to make it worse if I say drink twice a week compared to somebody that does not have this problem? So products that are known to increase oestrogen will it make this lump bigger? I have been avoiding going out and my life is getting quite dull because of this issue haha. My test levels are within a good range i have had them checked.

Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Moderate drinking should have no effect.

Yes, there would be scars (probably around the lower edge of the areola) which tend to heal quite well.

And yes, the surgery is a bit tricky -- you should consult with an acknowledged expert in gyne surgery if you are considering surgery at all.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would concur with Dr. Jacobs.  Milder cases can be trickier to avoid causing a post-operative deformity, when one is barely visible pre-operatively.  Physical examination might convince me otherwise, but I would probable recommend against surgery based on these three photos.  Other views and physical exam might convince me otherwise. 
Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
i agree with the others and unless this was really really bothering you I would recommend leaving i alone. It is very mild.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024