Author Topic: Post op is tough - here's the proof  (Read 4098 times)

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Here's what post op can be like. 

Not too happy with the results, crossing my fingers that its still alot of swelling and fluid build up. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02

Please let me know what you think.  I know it doesn't look good, should I be lossing all hope??

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Give it more time. I know waiting sux but what are you gonna do?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
It's true that the results could be a lot better but for the moment, the best thing to do is wait and see what it is like in a few weeks. Be patient... I know it's easy to say... Good luck mate

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
no offence, but i dont think it will go down a whole lot more..

i speak from experience, I was hoping the same!

Offline FREE@LAST

• Posting Member
give it time dude. u have had it this long so a few more weeks wont kill u. im 8 days post and im happy as hell with my results ;D. mine was severe so i notice the diff rite away.
I FEEL UR PAIN DOG!

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Just got my right side drained about 2 hours ago....

My ps is willing to drain it as many times as needed.  Not much else I can do.  She said my left side is getting some scar tissue that will disapear with massaging.

Thanks for everyone's input and advice.  I don't take offence to any of it.  I really appreciate it.  I know some of you have followed my case for the last 5 weeks, it would have been real fvckin hard with out all you helpin me out.

Not much to do but keep the chin up and hope for the best!  ha!

drain pics....   http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Rowdy99,

I have been following your posts since your surgery and yes you have had a rough time.  I can only echo the posts of others in saying .. stick it out.  It will get better and you will look back and say it was the best thing you ever did.

In the meantime we are all rooting for you and hoping the fluid will finally stop forming and your chest can get on with its healing.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Day 40 fellas!

What a journey so far, saw my ps again today, she drained my right side for the 6th time, this was the first time it was very clear, and she was about 98% sure this would be the last time...   crossin my fingers, we'll see.

Saw my doctor for the first time too, he looked at things, told me not to worry, if my ps wasn't then everything should be alrite.  simple enough i guess.

thanks for everyones input, for those of you in the same boat as me, keep your chins up n be patient, its tough but what the heck else are ya gonna do..

6th drain, 40 days post op pics added....  please let me know what you think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364738@N02

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
hi rowdy99,

the 40 days post op pic looks pretty good...hopefully the rest of the recovery will go smooth for you after all this.

best

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
going for my 7th drain tommorow...

holy fvck am i ever gettin sick of this.

less and less fluid each time, but still...............

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
sorry to hear that....Hope you get over this really soon....

its weird how the recovery is so different for everyone. I wonder if fluid accumulation depends on the technique used for lipo, the compression garment, what parts in the body had trauma during the op or just a persons physiology. I had ultrasonic lipo with vaser didnt have a drain post op... my whole chest has been duct taped and there doesnt seem to be much swelling atleast till now but lot of burning/soreness.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024