Author Topic: Had surgery over 3 years ago.  (Read 3828 times)

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Hi. I used to post here quite a bit. Thought I'd come back just to give my experiences really. Help some of you guys along the road to well... where you want to be.

I had gyne on my right side only. Quite small but noticeable to me and it embarrased me. Not enough to conisider surgery for though. But then at about 24. It grew quite a bit bigger. And was then very noticable. I hated it. You all know the drill. Couldn't go swimming. No t-shirts etc. No confidence to take my top off in front of a girl. The NHS offered to do it. But the surgeon wanted to cut me open like a fish! So I went private with Levick.

Best £4k I've ever spent! Not going to lie. It was an emotional rollercoaster at the time. When I took off the bandages I was horrified at the results. I looked like my chest had been steam rollered. But it all came together pretty quickly. And now I have a chest I can be proud of. I have to say the scars are still pretty obvious. But they are tucked up near my armpit so it doesn't worry me. I also have some pretty big lumps of scar tissue in there still that have never changed much since all the swelling went down a few months after the surgery. But I can feel it, rather than see it. So again. It doesn't worry me. Basicaly unless you know... my chest is perfect. It's actually pretty good I think! I do a lot of swimming now, and thats really helped to define it. I'm more worried about my stomach now! ;)

So my life now... Well it's back to where it always should of been. Not being held back from embarrasement about my chest. I had an absolutely gorgeous g/f for 18 months! A real stunner.. I never would of had the confidence to go after her with the gyne still there... I'm also heavily into triathlons now. Which basically means I'm in the pool a lot and the rest of the time I'm wearing skin tight lycra! lol Again... something I just couldn't of done with the gyne. I'm going to be doing Ironman triathlon in a months time... a dream come true!

So anyway... I wanted to say that if you are miserable with gyne. But surgery seems like it's too expensive an option, or too drastic. Just do it. Put it on a credit card or just get your head round you need to do this to improve your life. Life is too short to worry about this for too much of your life. If you've found this board... I reckon you are thinking about it toooo much! I'd all but forgotten about this board over the last couple of years. Which shows you how much gyne is a part of my life now. It's not. :)

I'll check back for a while if anyone wants to ask any questions...

Ian

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
well said that man :)
great to hear that at 3 years on you still come back to help others.
well done :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
Thanks!

This board helped me massively with working out that I needed to get it sorted and then pointing me in the direction of the man to sort it for me! So I like to pay it back if I can you know?! I stuck around for some time after surgery... maybe a year or so... but gradually drifted away...

Ian

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Thanks!

This board helped me massively with working out that I needed to get it sorted and then pointing me in the direction of the man to sort it for me! So I like to pay it back if I can you know?! I stuck around for some time after surgery... maybe a year or so... but gradually drifted away...

Ian
Good to see you again IT100.

You were one of my inspirations when I first came on this board and for that I thank you.  I’m all done and dusted with my surgery now, and like you it was the best £4k I have ever spent.  Nine months post surgery, I still hang around on here to offer what I can, however like you I dare say I will drift away after a while.  However the one thing I will never forget is how grateful I was to Merle and the members in my time of need.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Koi

• Posting Member

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
Just to add another one! I had my surgery done in Dec 05 with Levick, it changed my life in a big way, no more dreading what you are going to wear in the morning EVERYDAY just to try and conceal them and all the other horrible things. I'm now 18 months on from my surgery and I still look at my chest everyday, look at the non puffed out nipples and flatness which makes me incredibly happy. I've spent a tremendous amount of money on a new wardrobe - I can now wear t-shirts!!!

My advice is get it done now, just like anyone else who has had it done will tell you, it really is worth the money however you have to get it. Get someone to do it who has had a lot of positive reviews. Levick did mine and he was so good about the whole thing. I had to have some minor revision done in October 06 to remove a little gland from one side and he didn't hesitate giving it to me for one second. The scars are under my armpits so no body sees them and even if they did they would never think they were from a chest op.

MY advice... GET IT DONE. Whack it on a credit card, get a bank loan or one of those great interest free family loans (thanks mum!)

IT100 - You were one of the main people that persuaded me to get mine, I remember your pictures were really good, and you had a similar physique to myself so hoped it would work out for me, which it did!

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
Ahhh... my children are all grown up now! lol

I'm glad that everything worked out for the two of you. Levick really is the master at this I think. Wish I could take him for a beer one day!

I still have the photos taken of me just before I had the op. (taken just before I was put under) Every so often I find them and have a look. I don't even recognise that body any more... It's not the body I see now!

E

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Ahhh... my children are all grown up now! lol

I'm glad that everything worked out for the two of you. Levick really is the master at this I think. Wish I could take him for a beer one day!

I still have the photos taken of me just before I had the op. (taken just before I was put under) Every so often I find them and have a look. I don't even recognise that body any more... It's not the body I see now!

E

Likewise about the photos, and although I may still need a little tweaking, it makes me realise just what a huge improvement I have had when I look at those damn pre op pictures taken in that cold anti room just before being put under.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
In that room there was a student nurse, not much younger than me. I have no idea what her name was, but she was basically there just to look after me I think. It turned out that we were from the same area and had been to the same bars and clubs etc.

Anyway, she held my hand as I was quite nervous and smiled at me as they were pumping the stuff into me. I've never forgotten her!

I'd like to take her for more than a beer! ;)

I suppose you put your life in these peoples hands and never really get to say a proper thank you afterwards do you. I did go and see Levick a few months post op for a check up. But it was more for me to say thankyou really. But he's so cheerful and quite to the point... that you don't really get chance to say - "you have no idea how much impact what you've done has had on my life!" Before jumping on the guy to give him a big kiss! Maybe thats why he doesn't let it get that far... lol

When I had it done, I think he kept an eye on this forum... so if you read this Mr Levick... and very happy, satisfied gratefull customer says a big thank you!

Ian

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
thats great to see a satisfied customer
mostly you only ever hear of complaints
most people who are happy prefer to  put it behind them so you dont really hear the success storys.
i try to slip in here as often as i can to see if i can offer any help or advice :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024