Author Topic: Scar Tissue...Solutions?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
How do you go about tackling scar tissue?

How do you know if its scar tissue?

Does it present any risks?

What are your guys experiences of dealing with scar tissue?

Im currently 27 days Levick post op and am concerned about this issue so any advice would be great

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
If its hard stiff tissue it's most likely scar tissue. Go to your GP if you want to be sure that it is.

As far getting rid of it, there's no quick solution, your body needs time to break it down and this doesn't happen overnight. Massaging the area helps considerably & speeds up the process. Mr Levick recommeneded me to go to a professional masseuse (sp?)  as I wouldnt be able to massage the area properly. He was right- I just couldn't do certain areas properly by myself and my scar tissue has softened up quite a bit since going to a pro (bare in mind im 20 months post op).

If you do do it yourself, or have a friend do it for you, use some decent oils like pure vit E oil or cocoa butter oil, topically applying Vit E can only do good.

I dont think it poses any risks, it will go in time as its scar tissue, and your body is built to get rid of this stuff.

As for my experiences with it, I've had an absolute nightmare with huge chunks of the stuff! But for most people it seems to go within 12 months.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
What's the best way of avoiding the build up of scar tissue?
etc.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
I think putting steri-strips tightly over the incision sight will help, but I'm not sure.
While we're on the subject - has anyone had trouble with keloid scarring?  It's when your body produces too much scar tissue and it protrudes, like a bump on the skin.  I've got one on my stomach, you might be able to see it on my pics.  I'm a bit worried as to whether my nips are going to go keloid!
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
What about one of those vibrating massagers? Your girlfriends rampant rabbit might do the trick, but I was thinking more of a proper sports massager!

Ian
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 10:33:41 PM by IT100 »

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
how do you know about my girlfriend's rampant rabbit...?

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
everyone knows about your girlfriends rampant rabbit!! ;D

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024