Author Topic: Is it possible for a solid hematoma to break down naturally over time?  (Read 25945 times)

Offline conz

• Posting Member
Im 1.5 months post op.

Due to my surgeon going on holiday soon after my operation, I was not able to be drained until 1 month post op. Even then, I was only partly drained as the remaining hematoma was in solid form. Pushing against my nipple, it is quite hard. I returned yesterday to be drained again and the liquid that was drained was negligible. Nonetheless, the hematoma is still present in solid form, albeit small. This still causes a small protrusion in my nipple and is easily noticeable bare-chested.

My gynecomastia was quite mild in the first place so this hematoma has kind of cancelled out any real improvement on my right side.

]My surgeon has advised the waiting game and claims the hematoma will break down naturally and be dissolved into the body (or words to that extent)

Is this possible and what's the likelihood of it occurring any time soon?

I am aware that everyone heals at different speeds but I'm just trying to to get a general estimate.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
wtf..

i better not head this way?!

seeing him next week, dunno if I'll need draining, my chest feels tingly and does seem to have swelled a little, but my nips still flat.

dunno if the dressing is making it tingly, tis well annoying, and the dressing keeps coming off lol

but its sposed to come off after 3 days.

hope u sort urself out man, solid hepatomas r not cool, and u don't want him opening u again to take it out?!

there must be something to break it down, mabyue ultrasound

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Serious suggestion. Do some reasearch on fasting (juice or water). It is a little known and seriously misunderstood.  By temporarilly stopping solid food your body turns all it's energy to repairing itself - a factory reset if you will.  Starts off with a detox but quickly moves on to healing, including consuming tumours, cysts, even cancers - as a sweet side effect you also burn fat!

I'm not religious in any way, but I am very interested in diet and have done vast research into it. A couple of years ago I gave up fags, weed, booze (still drink occasionally), caffeine and all animal products. I have NEVER been ill since, hayfever gone, not even a headache.

Seriously it works, and it will greatly accelerate any healing time exponentially BUT please read into it first or PM me with questions.  There are soe very good books on the subject especially by a Dr Fuhrman (Amazon sell them)

Offline conz

• Posting Member
Johnny Wishbone, how long do you think fasting would be necessary

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
I am doing this fast today and tommorow to see if some of my swelling subsides.

Am going to take zinc supplements also.

good luck conz, I think this will help.

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Turningacorner - its quite early to be considering fasting, as you are not even a week off the table.  By all means eat pure and healthy, fruits, veg, lots and lots of water etc but you will some protein to reapair the damage tissue.  Many people assume protein just means meat/dairy, not so, there is lots of protein in nuts/seeds, beans/pulses, soya and veg. I'm vegan and I coped very well after surgery, but I would NOT have fasted until a couple of months after.  For the record I didn't for a long while because I started training for the London Marathon as soon as my compression vest was off!

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
lol I am vegan too

into anything alternative when it comes to dieting to improve health

The lack of exercise and high carbohydrate you u get used to when being vegan have made me keen to try some kind of diet.  I have noticed today having drank nothing but juice the tingling sensation around both nipples has been greatly reduced. I've been eating loadsa crap of late but you r right I read today juice fasting is not good before or after surgery, felt good to be healthy for today neways!

tommorow I will eat some protein.

Offline conz

• Posting Member
What about the traditional hot water bottle method.

Where you apply continuous pressure on the hematoma with hot water.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
try it man, have some baths aswell?

can't do any harm? might bring more blood into the area though.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

]My surgeon has advised the waiting game and claims the hematoma will break down naturally and be dissolved into the body (or words to that extent)

Yes mine did break up all of it's own accord (with a little help from massaging but not too hard).

Don't worry.  Be patient.   :)

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline conz

• Posting Member

Yes mine did break up all of it's own accord (with a little help from massaging but not too hard).

Don't worry.  Be patient.   :)

How long did it take?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

It is a slow process, which is why I said be patient.  Mine was originally about the size of a golf ball; I'm coming up to 12 months post op and I would say it was 90% gone now.  I can still feel a little hardness but it stopped being visible after about 3 months.

I dare say the size and extent of it will make a big difference to how long it takes.  My attitude was it was just one of those things and still better than having boobs  :)

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

A friend of mine is a Chemist, they said this may help - Hirudoid Cream 50g. 

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member

When bleeding takes place internally, it must be drain. If is not drain, the blood becomes a clot (known as hematoma). This is a normal process of the human body to prevent bleeding to death. Just like when you cut your finger and after three minutes of pressure and it stops. The components that blood is made out does this as a preventive measure. Once the clot is created and assures the body that there is no more bleeding, the clot (hematoma) will go away with time. This process ussually takes about a month to complete.

If you have a hard ball after a month, it can only be glands or scar tissue. Hematomas create the dark color on your skin and then it turns yellow. When the colors go away, is a sign that the hematoma is also gone since that is what creates the change of color. Blood vessels get overloaded with blood (clots) and it changes the skin color.

Do not stress over hematomas unless you have an internal infection on the site of the injury or surgery. Infections and bacterias cells duplicate with blood since it carries protein, the main ingredient in cells production and human life. So if a year later you still have something hard in your chest that makes your chest look like breasts, you should come to your own conclusion by now.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:56:10 PM by BigLouJr »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024