Author Topic: Levick's Procedure  (Read 3371 times)

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
Whilst I have managed to dish out the advice to some others, I now am really faltering about all of this. I am due in with Levick this week. I have always thought his procedure more "thorough" than some others, but I now worry that this approach may be slightly more likely to lead to some damage  - muscle damage, scar tissue for example.

I have read reports from several Levick patients that post op swelling is severe - more so than pre-op. Conversely, other posters from other surgeons, who do not use such a "new" technique, seem to recover faster and seem happier with their results sooner.

I am sure this is just pre-op jitters etc and I am a victim of being able to evesdrop on lots of poster's progress (and most of post Levick),  but I could do with some re-assurances. So, can anyone comment on the following:

1) Who else in the UK goes through the armpit?
2) Am I right in thinking that potential scar tissue is greater with Levick since  he separates the skin from all of the upper fat cells before suctioning, whereas others simply extract the fat cells?
3) Can some people please come forward who are a long way post op and express their views on the results.

I am realistic with what I want from this and I do not doubt for one second that Levick is an excellent surgeon, but reading some posts where the post op swelling actually more severe than the original condition is a terrifying thought, for me at least. That would crush me.

OK, enough rambling - someone please put me in my place!

Thanks

SydneyC

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Take a look at IT00's 1 yr post op pic. Speaks volumes.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I am 11 days post op with Levick. Click the link in my signature. I'm sure you can imagine what my views on his technique are  ;)
etc.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Sydneyc,

I've had two types of op, firstly a couple of years ago I had the 'traditional' bilateral excision (in through the nips) on the NHS. For some it works wonders, for me it didn't.

Hence my recent (and so far sucessful) surgery by Levick and his 'keyhole lipo' technique.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone to go through with an op but then have to have revision a few years after - it can be quite a knock to one's confidence. All I can say is pick a surgeon you are happy with.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Thanks Serg!

Just like to point out though, that those pics are 4.5 months post op, I just posted them at a year post op! lol. It got better since then...

Ian

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
Gents,

Thanks for your posts. I think I must have been having a pre-op panic. All toys now firmly back in the pram and am ready for the end of this week. Bloody hell, this week! I literally cannot believe that this will be done by the weekend....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024