Author Topic: My Gyne Pre Op & Post Op Photos ...  (Read 4837 times)

GynO_DuDe

Im actually embarassed to post these as I had SEVERE gynecomastia but ive realised who gives a sh!t ... Im working my arse off to sort myself out now and its working so couldn't care less. This board has saved my life and im sure its saving many others as well (psychologically speaking ufcourse)...

Quick story about me ... I used to be an 18 stone fat obese 18 year old, what got me to that weight was reckless eating, and using my blue inhaler (im asthmatic) when ever I needed it and also the occasional booze/marijuana with mates (all of these being factors that make gyne) ... Any way, I spent 2 years slowly coming down to 15 stones at the age of 20 (my current age) I came across this board reading sh!t loads of stories and tons of educational information and finally decided to do something about my gyne. I found out about Dr Levick and visited him ...

Here's a pre-op picture of me at 15 stones ... YES, looks disgusting doesn't it? Trust me, I wouldn't be suprised if a few people get nightmares from this pic....

And here's a picture of me at 8 weeks post op and at 14stones ... Dr Levick didnt do anything but lipo/gland removal through a small hole under my armpit crease, he was confident due to my age and natural elasticity in about a year as long as I kept on losing weight to reach my healthy weight of 12stones i'd look absolutely fine and wouldn't need revision, but we shall see, so far so good in only 8 weeks ...

Im probably one of the worst cases on the board but I can happily say, spending that £4000 was the best thing I ever did.

I'll definitely post a pic once ive reached my target weight and toned myself up ... so possibly next summer. And im definitely not leaving this forum.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:32:33 AM by GynO_DuDe »

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Nightmares....nah i've seen far worse things in my life.  I've got photos of when i had an operation for excess sweating, where they remove glands from under your armpits.  I had wound failure. Trust me, that WOULD give you nightmares!!!

Anyway, back to the subject in hand.  Looking good, and yes you've got youth on your side. Get your weight down sensibly and your skin should adjust without any issues.  I would advise using a moisturiser daily though to help, nothing fancy Vaseline dermocare/Boots own label etc, this will help (i used to work in the Skincare industry).  Once you hit your target weight and lost 6 stones, you will feel so different.

GynO_DuDe

Ouch, I can picture it!!

Im using E45 and Bio-Oil (helps a lot for stretch marks). Seems to be working ...

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
wow man, awesome to see ur pictures

I'm really impressed, I did'nt think ur case was so severe! U must be stoked, and regained so much
confidence.

A second chance, I swear ur life will be so much better for this!

GynO_DuDe

You would think that wouldn't you ... but my confidence hasn't changed at all. Not until ive reached my healthy weight. I thought it was purely to do with gyne but actually its to do with being overweight aswell. Ive got a while yet although I look absolutely fine with clothes on now ... but all is revealed when the clothes is off.

If I could go swimming next summer without getting a second look i'll consider myself to have won the national lottery. LOL

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
You would think that wouldn't you ... but my confidence hasn't changed at all. Not until ive reached my healthy weight.

Don't put pressure on yourself that i won't be happy until i 'X' weight. 

12 Stone may or may not be your ideal weight, whilst BMI is good, it's also just a guide..... if you pack a lot of muscle, you will aways throw the measurement out.  As for saying you don't look good in clothes, you've lost 4 stone & and most of your chest there has to be a dramatic change to your appearance already. 

It's the mind game you have to win more than losing the last few pounds, otherwise you'll never be content!

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
i just had the op with Levick yesterday.  congratulations on your weight loss!! and your post-op pics look great.  keep up the good work!

GynO_DuDe

You would think that wouldn't you ... but my confidence hasn't changed at all. Not until ive reached my healthy weight.

Don't put pressure on yourself that i won't be happy until i 'X' weight. 

12 Stone may or may not be your ideal weight, whilst BMI is good, it's also just a guide..... if you pack a lot of muscle, you will aways throw the measurement out.  As for saying you don't look good in clothes, you've lost 4 stone & and most of your chest there has to be a dramatic change to your appearance already. 

It's the mind game you have to win more than losing the last few pounds, otherwise you'll never be content!

True ... I think Gyne and being overweight has damaged my head. Even though my chest is gone, I cant stop looking down at my chest, and STILL dont feel comfortable wearing t-shirts even though I look completely fine ... Finding it so so so difficult to adjust to being moobless. I even get plenty of compliments now saying youve slimmed down a lot ra ra ra etc etc etc ... Basically because ive had gyne for like 10 important years of my life its going to take me like another 2 years to adjust to the fact im normal now and all the compliments are helping that im getting from friends, family and strangers at the gym.

GynO_DuDe

i just had the op with Levick yesterday.  congratulations on your weight loss!! and your post-op pics look great.  keep up the good work!

He's a top doc aint he? Looking forward to seeing him next year for my 6 month check up.

Keep us updated with your recovery!

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
will do   :D going to update my diary later.

yeah he is great. he said not to worry about the 1 month check up unless i was particularly worried because i dont live that near.  neither did he mention 6 month check up.  are these standard? i might read the blue booklet

GynO_DuDe

Not standard at all ... because I live far from him he said book an appointment when ever you want or call me ... but obviously a 6month and 12 month checkup sounds about right so thats what im going to do.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
hey GynO_DuDe

Its a great improvement already at 8 weeks. Keep up the good work... How are you losing the weight??

GynO_DuDe

30 mins intense cycling .... 2000 meteres rowing THATS IT.

And obviously eating healthier with a cheat day once a week.

Gonna hit weights when I reach 13 stones.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024