Author Topic: Is it hard to find gyne surgery for under $4k in chicago area?  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
Yes yes I know surgeon skill is more important.  But I've seen people say they've gotten the surgery for between $3k and 4k, occasionally a little under.  Is Chicago generally a more expensive city for gyne surgery or less expensive?  Any doctor recommendations if money is a big issue?  There's no way I can get ~$7,000 surgery.

Offline S.D.

• Posting Member
  • Damn You Nature!
One thing Ive learned, is that the majority of the time you get what you pay for... not saying you couldnt find something for 4-5 grand that would end up giving positive results... but the lowest I found in San Diego (where some great surgeons are known to practice) was ~$5300 Lipo only... The next who I was about to go with was ~$6100 Lipo only.

I ended up going with excision + lipo for just under $7k, and from everything Ive read and seen about the different procedurs / techniques, I am happy with my decision and wouldnt change it for the world, let alone a few thousand dollars.

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
Well that sounds like you're in a more expensive area for gyne surgery.  $5300 for lipo only.....I've seen a number of posts here by people who've gotten gyne surgery for under $4k.  What I want to know is if the chicago area is considered on the more expensive or cheaper side.  And if anyone's gotten gyne surgery for around that price in the area and was happy with the results.

Offline mtnman

• Posting Member
Well that sounds like you're in a more expensive area for gyne surgery.  $5300 for lipo only.....I've seen a number of posts here by people who've gotten gyne surgery for under $4k.  What I want to know is if the chicago area is considered on the more expensive or cheaper side.  And if anyone's gotten gyne surgery for around that price in the area and was happy with the results.

Hi Elvis~
I am also searching for a good Dr and a good price to get this done, and from what i understand from fellow members here is that Dr. Pensler in Chicago does pretty darn good work, and the cost of surgery will run you about $4,900 to 5,000.  I will be calling his office today or tomorrow for a consult so i can get this show on the road!
I think if you want a good dr that is under 4K, there is a dr in Houston that is supposedly pretty good.
Good luck!
mtnman

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024