Author Topic: 13th October! Scared....some questions....  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Nearly_Finished

Ive been concerned with my chest for aprox 5 years - havent been to the beach, a swimming pool, or taken my top of in front of other people for years! I had to even cancel a holiday because of it  :'(
However, after a boodt of confidence i decided to phone up Bupa, book a consultation (yesterday) and have since booked the procedure for the 13th October at St. Alexandras hospial in Chatham for £2450 with Dr. Philip Gilbert.

the consultation was relatively short, and he told me that i just need lipo - he will just remove the fat my make a cut by the armpit.

I am hoping to go travelling in febuary 2008 and just wondered if anyone knows if it will all be healed by then (ie. swelling, bruising etc)??

also, how long do you have to wear the compression vest for ater surgery?? 

Thanks

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Swelling would have gone by then (i'm two weeks port surgery and most swelling has gone), and the bruises would have gone by then. 

I was advised i may need to wear a compression vest for between 1-4 months, all depends on your age, how your skin contracts, diet etc etc.  So in essence, you should be fine on the basis that you just need lipo.

Operation on a Saturday is a little odd, though that's Chatham for you....  ;)

Offline outertrial

the consultation was relatively short, and he told me that i just need lipo - he will just remove the fat my make a cut by the armpit.

I would get a second opinion. Relatively few people who have lipo only are happy with the end results.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
defo on what Outerial has says - a secon opinion would be a good investment for you matey

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024