Author Topic: Self-Massaging...Methods Please!  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
  • Levick removed on 18/03/05, get in!!!!!
I'd be interested to know any good methods too, Levick told me to start doing it but I forgot to ask the best way!!

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I've heard that you just massage as you would a tight muscle, and not to be too heavy-handed.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

I got one of these to use whent he time is right :)

http://www.iwoot.co.uk/MASROL_LIFE.htm
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

any idea when you are supposed to start massaging ?

Im only 7 days post op at present but can feel lumps/ridges do I need to leave it a while or do it now or will massaging now disturb tissue and actually cause scar tissue ??

bit of a vague area aint it :(

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

any idea when you are supposed to start massaging ?

Im only 7 days post op at present but can feel lumps/ridges do I need to leave it a while or do it now or will massaging now disturb tissue and actually cause scar tissue ??

bit of a vague area aint it :(

After about 4 weeks
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member
hmmm ok ooooppps

spent about 20 mins on a the lumps lastnight and they went down  a fair bit and aren't so prominent today altho I have a horizontal band about the size of a little finger on the right side that's still there but a bit flatter.

Should I leave this alone ? or work on it or what ?

If it is scar tissue forming I'm thinking it's better to work on it now !? rather than let it get established and harden and they try to move it later..

altho having said that.. could working on it now mean it ends up bigger as it just keeps getting disturbed when I massage it ?

the scar tissue/massage question is such a vague area I think
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 02:20:28 AM by shaggy-dude »

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I'd say it's just swelling if you're only a couple of weeks post op.

Give it 2 or 3 weeks before you start massaging if I were you.

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

yeah seems to swell up in the daytime and go nearly flat over night .. then swell again.

am just leaving it for now.. more fun dodgy the agonising shooting nipple pains..

Only analogy I can think of is letting someone grip my nipple with a pair of pliers then squeezing it really hard .. then relaxing it then squeezing it even harder

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Levick told me that it would swell up more if you were exerting yourself.  Luckily i havent had any shooting pains in the nipples.  Still a bit tender on the chest though even 10 weeks post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024