Author Topic: Gyne or no? Never knew there was name for it  (Read 5076 times)

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
So just saw MTV documentary and this guy's story hit so close to home.  I'm 29 now, but when I was about 14 or so I started getting the dreaded man boobs.  

Anyway, to make a long story short, have always been mortified to take off my shirt, and over the last few years have worked out a lot trying to get more muscle and less fat, but the chest area never improved.   I had never heard of Gyne, and wasn't aware that surgery could correct it.    

I'm currently 5 11', 175 lbs.  I've gotten down to 165 in the past and even had very low bodyfat, but still the man boobs.  Anyway, would like to hear people's opinion.  

Flexing chest in next 2 pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
you got it, my guess is a combination of gland/fat, maybe more gland than fat..

where do you live? if you post, someone on here will recommend a plastic surgeon in your area...

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Your case and body type resembles what I have. I'm just somewhat bigger overall and have maybe more fat in my boobies (but not for long!)

I think you definitely have some gland there judging by how puffy your nipples look.
Surgery on 11th of May. *gulp*

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

yeah side ways it's more visible..

a good surgeon should be able to sort that no problemo
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
I live in Chicago, anyone recommend anyone?  The only person I've found so far is a guy named Dr Melton.  

Offline Spleen

I'm a lot like you except my nips are way puffy too.  The bodyfat won't help much.  I had teats at 8% and I have 'em now at 17%, with a little more fat of course.  I'm going in for surgery in 2 weeks so I'll have before and after pix for you in a month.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yep.... Gyne.

Looks like you have nicely toned pecs behind the gland and fatty tissue.

Thanks for the pics Dude....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Thanks for the pics Dude....

Hey bambu, I gotta say, that came across as creepy  ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Hey bambu, I gotta say, that came across as creepy  ;D

??? .... Just thanking the 'oh_crap' for sharing his pics. Not everyone is brave enough to publically post his pics for all to see.  :P

My 'before' pics are not the most complimentary, however, I posted them so that others who are considering surgery can get an idea of what they too, can achieve. Trust me, no guy 'wants' to have his teats seen by the whole world. So I thought a kind 'Thank you' was in order. ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 05:43:37 AM by Bambu »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member

So I thought a kind 'Thank you' was in order. ;)

Yes your thank you was in order, just weird how we're thanking other guys for posting their pics...

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
Thanks for the comments.  I've decided to make a consultation w/ a doctor named Dr. Pensler here in Chicago.  I'm very surprised after all my searching on this board there's not more info about doctors here in Chicago area.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:31:51 PM by oh_crap »

Offline oh_crap

• Posting Member
So I saw Dr. Pensler yesterday, and he told me that he thinks I definitely have some gland in there.   He tried to show me some possible pics of what I might look like after surgery, but it was just basically him doing some photoshop alterations on the pics he took of me.

Anyway, I've always been afraid of surgery, but it just so happened that today I had to go under general anethsesia for the 1st time to get all 4 wisdom teeth yanked.  Talk about easy.    All I can imagine was that instead of waking up without my teeth, I could also wake up w/out the moobs.

The cost would be about $4600, which I'm thinking about just charging onto a credit card (hey at least I'll get a lot of points off of it).   He'd mentioned wearing a compression vest for about 10-16 weeks.  Does that sound long or about normal?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024