Author Topic: Surgery planned but not yet booked  (Read 2710 times)

another_case

Hi guys, I've been reading posts on this site for a few months now and got round to registering finally! I've suffered from gynecomastia since I was about 14 and now I know there is no other fix for it I am getting surgery. I'm 27 now and have had quite enough of the 'no swimming in public or taking my top off' life. Like the majority of you no doubt I am quite fit and have exercised regularly since my late teens to try and rid myself of this problem but to no avail. I had a free consultation with Harley Medical Group a couple of months ago who said I was an ideal candidate but for the price of £4000 that they quoted and their obvious lack of experience with this procedure I am intending on booking a consultation with Dr. Benito now and will probably go for surgery with him judging by the positive feedback I have read and also the reduced cost.
Dr. Levick has very good feedback on here too as does Dr. Hamed so if past patients could give me some costings/brief feedback on the surgeons I have mentioned I would be very grateful. How long did you generally have to wait between consultation and surgery with Dr. Benito? Thanks

Offline outertrial

Hi - Dr Benito can usually operate on you within a few weeks, sometimes sooner if theres a cancellation. I think he quotes 15 working days or something. The cost for me early this year was £2600. You have to take some as a bankers draft and some as cash. It sounds dodgy but  isnt as long as you dont lose it on the way. I believe its normal to pay cash for clinics in Spain as Ive heard of this before.

It covers everything, including transfers to and from the airport, 2 days in the clinic and meals. You can have a partner stay in your room but they have to pay for their own meals. If you stay in Barcelona after the op - which I highly recommend then you can use the transfer back as an airport taxi from your hotel. Aida his co-ordinator sorts all that out for you.

If you need anything redone because of complications arising from the op then you have to pay the operating rooms fees only. I suppose if you start bleeding and need to be reoperated on to stop it. Check that though. I would say that the chances of this are very low as Dr Benito wouldnt let you out of surgery until you were all as you should be, and Ive never heard of any of us post gyners on the board having this happen,  but I guess this could happen for some people and hes covering himself.

If you need re operating on because the first op didnt work then he would do all that for free. Apparently hes never had to do that though. Normally I would take that with a pinch of salt if a surgeon said that about gyne, but his technique really seems to do the trick first time round. I literally was flat as a pancake when I came out of the operating room. The other guys on here looked much the same too though the bruising is a bit worse than some post ops Ive seen. I guess thats because he really gets in there. My results now are great and you get all the follow ups in Harley Street.

If you have any other questions just ask. There is a small group people whovd been Benito'd here now!

another_case

Thanks a lot for your reply, that's helpful. I was originally warned off going abroad for the surgery due to the possibility of getting a dvt flying after surgery but this was obviously Harley Medical trying to put me off. Did anyone mention anything about this to you because at the time it did seem like a valid point that they made? Your results look very good on your photos, I would say my case is very similar to yours, maybe a tiny bit worse.

another_case

I just read another post that said about a compression vest setting off the metal detector at the airport. Did you have this trouble at all as I can imagine that being bloody embarrasing if it happened?!

Offline outertrial

Nope didnt set off any metal detectors. You could just tell them its a surgical vest anyway, theyre not going to mess with it.

Afaik DVT is caused by being in the same position for too long which causes a blood clot. Hardly likely to happen on a short haul to Barcelona. Providing you havent been diving then youre ok to fly.

Im not very impressed with Harley tbh. Theyre great at producing expensive marketing brochures and charging a lot. Not especially keen on their medical knowledge (£5500 for lipo only was their advice for gyne  when i looked at them).

another_case

I thought that would be ok seeing as it is such a short flight, relief about the vest. Can't believe how much the cost varied with yours and mine from Harley Group, I had been quoted for gland exision and lipo at a cost of £4000, just proves a point really

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
I've just got back from surgery with Dr.Benito and I'd highly recommend him.  The process was easy as pie and the results are looking great for me so far.

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
hi guys

i had i consultation wtih dr benito on the 16th, last friday, i have to admit he is a likeable guy i was quoted £2600 for the gyne and £5000 for the gyne and some abdominal lypo. he says i need to loose a bit of weight first for the best results. i am 6ft1 and weight around 17st although i'm into weights and train about 5 times a week. i am going to hit the training hard and have the surgery done on February. I think i will have the chest and love handles done although Benito did say that i would look like i had done a few rounds with Tyson after it! So the next step for me is to book it for February. i'm going to take my training an diet really seriously even if it means little alcohol over xmas.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024