Author Topic: Parents, Dr Benito and getting op done  (Read 1964 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi all.....finally I managed to tell my parents about how I feel!!! They were very supportive. I really feel now that I am very close to getting the surgery done. Do u have to fly over to Barcelona to have your consultation? My choice now is Levick or Benito? Any suggestions. I would just like to thank this board for all help...it really has made a difference. Now all my family know, inc. inlaws...im sure I will get some stick as a joke but thats nothing compared to the difference it will make in my life. I will keep updating my story as and when it all happens...but it is def. very soon. Benito or levick.....that is the big question?

Thanks for ur advice

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Firstly, well done for talking about it with your parents.  I never told mine and I'm not sure I ever will now - but I am 26!  Anyway, I'd advise going to see Dr. Benito.  I've just had surgery and am completely happy with the results.  I haven't seen anyone on here with a bad results from him.  Glowing reports all round.  On the other hand, a few of the results I've seen from Levick, in my opinion, weren't great.  Moreover, Dr. Benito leaves far better scars than most, by using tiny incisions under your arms and no cuts around the nipple.  Feel free to check out my results on the UK threads or on the User Photo area (Note that I'm just a week post-op, so there's still a lot of room for improvements yet).

If great results weren't encouraging enough, then there is also the fact it's at least £1000 cheaper with Dr. Benito, including the associated costs of going to Spain.  It cost me somewhere around £2700 (including flights, hotels, food etc etc.).  Furthermore, don't let the fact it's in Barcelona worry you.  The hospital is very modern, state of the art and most of the staff speak at least some English.  Plus, they'll always be someone around to help you, every step of the way.  All in all, it's very very straight forward.

Christ, I feel like their sales rep!

Consultations are free and in their London office - this is their website http://www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org/index3.htm
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:27:07 AM by Bob1981 »

Offline outertrial

I second that. I know what you mean about the sales rep thing Bob1981 - actually I just emailed them to say Id happily write them a testimonial, but I really am that happy. I never expected to get such good results and if theres a surgeon out there doing good work on this horrible condition I think you need to spread the word. Theres too many surgeons out there offering so so  results, especially in the UK it seems unfortunately.

Im not sure about Levick - yes there are certainly complaints about him on this board, however people are much more likely to air grievances than when theyre happy. Apparently he does hundreds of these ops a year so not all will be perfect (only a few of us have seen Dr Benito though all signs so far  indicate consistently good results), and many people seem very happy with his work.

I really recommend getting more than one consultation anyway otherwise you have nothing to compare the first one to (this was kind of forced on me by the NHS anyway)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:43:54 PM by outertrial »

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Thanks for that guys......now my family know what I intend to do its all about making the right choice of who to do it. My dad is very sceptical and said make sure that all the posters on this website are legit and not hoaxes who work for the surgeons........I know that everyone on here is genuine(I hope!). Is a massive step for me ...the only trouble withBenito is the travelling from where I live to London for a consultation.I can def see me having surgery before March 2008. 1 question...we are going away for my mums 60 bday in May...if i am8 weeks post op will i be ok to go?

hanks guys
Mark

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Yes, there is the possibility of fakes, I suppose.  Still, seems like a lot of effort though.  Why con a few members of this forum into having surgery with them, when they have advertising which does a better job.  Besides, word would soon get back here if they did a bad job.  Photos are the best evidence of a real person I think, I wouldn't take anyone's recommendation with out seeing the results myself.  Furthermore, you should base your judgement of the surgeon on the consultation, his advice and any photos of previous work he's done.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be able to fit you in by next March, there was only a month between my consultation (October) and surgery (November).  As for feeling, I'm just 9 days post-op, I'm well on the mend and would happily go travelling.  Just don't ask me to do press ups!

As for London, it has the best travel links in the country, train, plane or coach.  Why not make a day trip and see some sites while you're there. 

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024