Author Topic: had op at last  (Read 3381 times)

Offline oxman2k

• Posting Member
had op with levick last friday, went well no prob didn't bleed much levick took drains out which didn't hurt take bandages off on weekend will post again next week with more detail

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good man. :)
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
Oxman - have your bandages come off now? How are you feeling?

I am exactly one week behind you - operation 2 days ago (22nd). Seem to have recovered alot of movement in chest in last 24 hours, which is handy as I was incapable of putting on my shirt when I left the clinic on Saturday afternoon.

Would like to here how you are getting on.

SC

Offline serg

• Silver Member
wicked  :) :D 8)

Bring on Summer!

Offline oxman2k

• Posting Member
bandages came off on weekend most painful part for me especially my back which was red raw.the best way to describe the result of op so far is to list the good and bad points.

good: chest is much flatter,gyne+fat all seem to be removed.

bad; chest is very lumpy with hard ridges at sides.both nipples have dents close to them.

its to early to say how the final results will turn out but the dents are worrying hope that they fill out in time.
will phone levick tomorrow see what he thinks will post again soon with progress

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Oxman, what you describe is perfectly normal...

Im 6 weeks post op, and still have some swelling and hard ridges.....welcome to the waiting game!

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
"Welcome to the waiting game".... which lasts for ages!

I know waiting.... I studied waiting for 7 years at stuttguart, and had to wait 3 years to get on the course... now thats waiting....

lol!

Ian

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
Oxman,

Well done. I have been informed by a surgeon friend that the hard areas can simply be as a result of having worn such a tight bandage for a week or so - are the ridges coinciding with where the bandages lay? If so, he has said some simple massage in time will get rid of that. And for the nips, well if gland was removed, I guess there is nothing there now, hence the dent.

My view is that for 1 week we prevent our bodies from really repairing the damage by dressing the area so tightly, there is no tissue movement. Now the bandages are off, I am sure you will start to see you body work it's way through the mother of all snagging lists!

SC

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
I have the same thing, a hard lump on my lower left pec, and the Dr. said that he thinks it is a lump of fat that has shifted. I took my bandage off for about 1 hour 2 days ago so I can wash it. Probably the longest I have had it off since the op. I then put my bandage on after and put it on a little tighter than usual to compensate for that 1 hour off.  The next day there was a hard lump tissue below my left pec. If it is fat, then  i don't know if massaging it will do anything. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I  have to see him in a couple of weeks so I will know further then.

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

dent's are normal and are magnified by the fact the area around them is swollen.

my dent's have now filled out/swelling come down..

I have hard ridge where bandage was yup .. tis quite hard and firm and I did ring gail (mr levick's secretary) and she said to wait another week before massaging them..

Still have the right side swelling up in the day but it settles at night.. must be plenty going on in there so we shall wait and see.. all ya can do I spose.. even at it's worst I'm more than happy at the moment with it :D
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
As IT100 will testify, its a 6-12 month healing process yet these first couple of months leave your head spinning. You've just got to be strong and have faith.

Im 7 weeks post op and often get bouts of worry, despair, eleation, the whole emotional rollercoaster

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
As IT100 will testify, its a 6-12 month healing process yet these first couple of months leave your head spinning. You've just got to be strong and have faith.

Im 7 weeks post op and often get bouts of worry, despair, eleation, the whole emotional rollercoaster

Doesn't look like there is anything at all for you to be worried abot now Bubble! Do you have any pre op pics? Post op you look perfectly normal mate. If I get as good a result I will be the happiest guy on the planet! I'll give to charity and everything!  ;D
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024